PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vondutch68

Lurker
Nov 12, 2011
Just wondering how many of you pipe smokers alternate between pipes and cigars. I personally love both. The wife prefers the pipe smoke of course but I just can't give up the cigars. I keep both my cigar humidor and my tobacco jars well stocked.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Vondutch68!
That's a good question. I enjoy a cigar or two throughout the year, as I think most of us do.

However; there are a few that alternate as you do.

I'm sure they will speak up.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Not me. I've tried to get into cigars before and every time, I just can't do it. Cigars just aren't for me.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I wold say I am primarily a cigar smoker especially through the summer. I lean more towards the pipe through the winter but I like both. I don't do either more than a couple time a week. (please dont kill me fellow pipers for admitting cigars are my first love.)

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Pipes have always been my passion, but there is the occasional cigar that I long for. CAO Italias, Punch Puros,

Comancho Liberty, and I like some of the Acid line.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm pretty much a pipe smoker, although there was a period when I was mostly a cigar smoker. Montecristos (usually small ones), JR Ultimates, and Maria Mancini are faves.

Like Mark,though, I find the pipe to be a better use of my tobacco dollar. $50 in pipe tobacco is a whole lot more smoking enjoyment than $50 in cigars.

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
I'm with juvat on this one. I love my pipes, but have never really enjoyed a cigar despite friends who have tried to convince me otherwise.

vondutch68

Lurker
Nov 12, 2011
I am very like jship079, winter time really brings out my pipes. To me each has its nuances, pipe tobacco generally has a better taste but there is something about the aroma of a cigar I can't resist.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I love pipes but I smoke cigars regularly. I usually smoke more cigars in the summer but I still go back and forth in the winter. There is just something about a good stogie that a pipe can't ever touch and something about a good pipe bowl that a cigar can't touch.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I heard a quote once, and I believe it was Hugh Hefner who said it, that went...
"Cigars are for people who want to look important. Pipes are for people who are important." :P

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
i smoke 3 or 4 cigars a week.i buy most from cigar bid and cigars international.

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Presently, only pipe tobacco. One day I may pick up a few cigars to give 'em a try, but I honestly don't have a desire to at this point. Some casual browsing online has shown me that they're a bit more expensive than pipe tobacco. I'm open to suggestions though 8)

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
I can't help it... every now and then I buy a pack of AyC Grenadiers and just flat out like the nasty old things.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Like others I prefer a pipe most often, but I enjoy a cigar about once a month. I like the variety of pipe tobacco that I just can't seem to find in cigars.

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
I'd smoke more cigars if my tastes were a bit cheaper... vondutch68 - what budget-minded sticks do you recommend?

Jul 15, 2011
I am split about 70/30. Seventy percent of the time its a pipe, but I feel that a cigar has its merits too. A cigar is less fuss, at least most of the time, it is easier to keep lit, and sometimes, depending on the cigar, the taste is more robust. I like a cigar for a time when Im not going anywhere for a while, that way I can smoke it down to the nub. I often do this when sitting down to watch a movie or go on a long drive somewhere. I like the sophistication and the ritual of a pipe better, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.