PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Yeah, and it looks like I won't ever get to try Fusilier's Ration after all, LOL. SP does carry some H&H blends but not all of them, and not FR in particular. Brad, you might check ebay for your rack.
Roth, that is possible (and I have my fingers crossed) but probably highly unlikely. I am quite sure that there was significant transition work done leading up to the ownership change and it seems likely to me that a conscious decision (as reflected in the clear change to the website) was made to shelve international shipping, but I guess we will know soon enough.

Dec 24, 2012
From Albany to Bethlehem? If Russ Ouellette can't make that commute I fear some major changes in the offing.
I may be wrong but I believe Russ was a part owner of P&C. I hope he did well in the sale. He is a key guy for sure, and it would not surprise me if him going along (at least as a blender) with the business was part of the deal.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Time for the black bloods to stock up...
As one of the Canadian Blackbloods, I'm pleased that I already stocked up last fall. I'm hoping there's no drought however, it would be like a vampire without access to blood. (A cool vampire mind you, not a sparkly one...)

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I can only assume that CI has done the math and has concluded that such a small percentage of P&C's business is in the international sphere that it is just not worth doing it any more. I get that
So are you saying that Cigars International does NOT ship internationally?
I have done all my online purchasing through P&C thus far

Dec 24, 2012
So are you saying that Cigars International does NOT ship internationally?
Yes, a bit of a contradiction there. You yanks love that sort of stuff - take, for example, your "World Series" where you don't invite other nations to play, LOL.
Just pulling your chain a bit.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Yes, a bit of a contradiction there. You yanks love that sort of stuff - take, for example, your "World Series" where you don't invite other nations to play, LOL.
Just pulling your chain a bit.
Actually yes we do.. Ever hear of the Toronto Blue Jays? Probably not by the looks at all the empty seats whenever I catch them on TV!!
PS: I'm pulling your chain too!! (Using the "all in good fun" font)!

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Nice!! But that's only because the Red Sox and John Farrell were just in town!!! LOL :lol:
Where are you peck? I get to the Great White North on business a few times a year... maybe we can catch a game and some pipes....
Sorry for the thread jack....
Carry on!!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Interesting news. If in fact they have been bought by CI then maybe I can get them to ship pipe tobacco to WA state now. We'll see what happens down the road when I need some more Mississippi River.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I placed an order with Pipes and Cigars on the 7th and it's yet to be processed. Strange.
I've been placing most of my tobacco (MeClelland, Stokkebye, Dunhill, etc) orders through Cigars International for months now. Their selection is somewhat limited but it's hard to beat their prices.
I had sent Cigars Int. a request tobacco mailing awhile back and was replied that they would be expanding their selections in the very near future, I just didn't know it was going to be that big of an expansion!

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Guys,

Heading in there during lunch today. I will let you know what I hear. Hopefully I will run into Russ.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Cynyr: Me, too. I stocked up on H&H blends in Dec. when they had the 20% off sale. So glad I did now, though I wondered then and now if I still had enough Anni Kake.
Rickpal14: I'm greatly looking forward to your report.

Status
Not open for further replies.