PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
I’ve been in the same band for 22 years now, and I still haven’t made it halfway through my 30s :ROFLMAO: . We’ve had some fun moments in the spotlight but usually we just snake in and out anymore, as being a successful touring band isn’t quite our lifestyle preference.

@kg.legat0 , my two brothers and I were also in a blues rock band with our dad. That was as terrible as it was fun...but the fun memories prevail so it was worth it :).

I toured for years and did the music thing full-time --the road sucks!! lol Sounds like you have fun with it tho, that's the most important part! Good stuff!

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I play several instruments and several genres. Spent years touring with an alt bluegrass band called Evergreen playing mandolin and banjo, played lead guitar and recorded with folk-rock group, The Paris Thieves, for a while, then played bass and synth with funk band The Isaac Haze. Used to play guitar and bass in punk bands back in high school and college and my last musical venture was playing guitar with the surf punk group Plague Dogs. I also used to teach guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, and drums at a local music store. Oh, and inbetween the early punk days and a bluegrass career I spent time scratching records as a hiphop DJ. Actually scratched as a guest musician with a psychedelic bluegrass jam group for a while. I guess my tastes in music are as varied as my tastes for pipe tobaccos!

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
I play several instruments and several genres. Spent years touring with an alt bluegrass band called Evergreen playing mandolin and banjo, played lead guitar and recorded with folk-rock group, The Paris Thieves, for a while, then played bass and synth with funk band The Isaac Haze. Used to play guitar and bass in punk bands back in high school and college and my last musical venture was playing guitar with the surf punk group Plague Dogs. I also used to teach guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, and drums at a local music store. Oh, and inbetween the early punk days and a bluegrass career I spent time scratching records as a hiphop DJ. Actually scratched as a guest musician with a psychedelic bluegrass jam group for a while. I guess my tastes in music are as varied as my tastes for pipe tobaccos!

Nice!! That's some serious variety, sure keeps things interesting. Man, I play a lot for the 'jam band' crowd ...they look at my pipe like I'm an alien and it cracks me up. I like to tell them just to eat the other shit and smoke the good stuff!

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Nice!! That's some serious variety, sure keeps things interesting. Man, I play a lot for the 'jam band' crowd ...they look at my pipe like I'm an alien and it cracks me up. I like to tell them just to eat the other shit and smoke the good stuff!
Haha, yeah I'd have to say my appreciation for pipes came about "organically"?
But really, I think some of my favorite images of piper's are also musicians. Gatemouth Brown, SRV, and Vassar Clements come to mind.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Stevie Ray with a Pete? That's an awesome pic.

This sits right next to my desk. Class A little tube amp and a '80 Tallman.
82123434_10158694940937573_8058859025401380864_o.jpg

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Guitar. Used to play with a lady friend and we did hillbilly music for local appalachian immigrants in the yellow springs ohio area. Songs and stories. She played mandolin, dulcimer and fiddle.
We would get gigs through the ohio arts council, it was a kick :) Played a lot of the songs my grandpa played on the claw hammer banjo.

My hands and twitch muscles arent what they used to be, but when the tendonitis isnt acting up i play a little delta/texas acoustic blues.

BTW anyone know of a good tendonitis treatment other than rest?

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Bass and guitar for me. Used to play Bass in a few bands back in high school, just played mostly local bars and field parts and what not, had a decent following I guess. Got a bit older and life took over and gave up my dreams of being a rock star. Now I mostly play guitar. But in a jam situation with a drummer I always pick up the bass. Here's my current very modest "rig".

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Guitar. Used to play with a lady friend and we did hillbilly music for local appalachian immigrants in the yellow springs ohio area. Songs and stories. She played mandolin, dulcimer and fiddle.
We would get gigs through the ohio arts council, it was a kick :) Played a lot of the songs my grandpa played on the claw hammer banjo.

My hands and twitch muscles arent what they used to be, but when the tendonitis isnt acting up i play a little delta/texas acoustic blues.

BTW anyone know of a good tendonitis treatment other than rest?
May want to try out a CBD cream

Reactions: BROBS and whsergent
Status
Not open for further replies.