PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Champ, Field Trial, Good Dog, Hunter’s Special, Old Glory, Happy Life, Principle, Retriever, River Bend, and Sportsman’s Pride would be fine names for pipe tobacco. But they aren’t. They are the brand names of recently recalled dog food. Maybe there’s a joint marketing opportunity here? “It’s a pipe tobacco! No, it’s a dog food! Wait...it’s a pipe tobacco AND a dog food!”

Dog food recall over high levels of mold byproduct expands: FDA - https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/dog-food-recall-mold-byproduct-expands-fda

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
My dog is old and stubborn. He began refusing his kibble so I bought a premium kibble. A short time later, he refused this and I bought premium canned food. After turning his nose up at that, we finally discovered what he really wanted. Table scraps and canned cat food. He won.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
My dog is old and stubborn. He began refusing his kibble so I bought a premium kibble. A short time later, he refused this and I bought premium canned food. After turning his nose up at that, we finally discovered what he really wanted. Table scraps and canned cat food. He won.
Be careful with the cat food it can cause kidney failure in dogs. We have to rotate our dog food about six months at a time cause our dogs get burnt out

Reactions: BROBS

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Be careful with the cat food it can cause kidney failure in dogs. We have to rotate our dog food about six months at a time cause our dogs get burnt out
Yeah, there's a lot of fat in the cat food, which is why he likes it so much, so he only gets a little. A little everyday that is. There is one moist dog food we put in his bowl that he eventually gets around to eating throughout the day. So between cat food, people food, a little dog food and milk bones (dog crack), he's doing good. At 12 years old, he's looking good. Tough to be too hard-ass on him at this point.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Yeah, there's a lot of fat in the cat food, which is why he likes it so much, so he only gets a little. A little everyday that is. There is one moist dog food we put in his bowl that he eventually gets around to eating throughout the day. So between cat food, people food, a little dog food and milk bones (dog crack), he's doing good. At 12 years old, he's looking good. Tough to be too hard-ass on him at this point.
totally understand when your eating and they give you the look

Reactions: BROBS