PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Beautiful babies! My wife was going on about how cute they are.
Sounds good, Hoosier. I don’t get out much these days, but if I’m headed up north I’d love to give you a holler. I’m sure my Tennessee accent (I don’t hear it, but I’ve been told, back when I traveled on business) will be the topic of much amusement! lol

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I hope Mordy comes back. I’d hate to see him get run off. I think it just takes time to get to ‘know’ every one and get a feel for the place, especially with a forum full of douchebags. :rofl:
ETA: I’m totally joking. Come on back in Mordy!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Thanks Embers, wish I could somehow keep them at that age. The oldest was at Target with her Daddy (my Son) the other day and was bugging him for something. He told her no. She gave in but told him "Okay Daddy, Poppa will get it for me next time." It's more than a little possible she is correct.
Diamonback, where do you hail from in TN? One of my offices is in Birmingham, AL. I drive through TN on 65 multiple times per year. My other out of state office is in Raleigh. I occasionally drive that trip as well and will occasionally take the longer but more scenic route home through Asheville and Knoxville. I will stop at the pipe shops in Asheville and Smokys in Knoxville. One of my Sales Reps in Birmingham has a strong Southern Accent and tries to talk at an extremely fast pace. He might as well be speaking Russian to me when he does that.
Yes, I hope mordy comes back. I was a bit over the top with him and it appears he actually has a rather keen wit.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thanks Embers, wish I could somehow keep them at that age.
I understand completely.
The oldest was at Target with her Daddy (my Son) the other day and was bugging him for something. He told her no. She gave in but told him "Okay Daddy, Poppa will get it for me next time." It's more than a little possible she is correct.
:rofl:

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
Saying hoarding is wrong is forbidden here OP. These very nice people will immediately explain that they want to buy up all the tobacco even if they will never smoke it.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I'm a born Hoosier, but transplanted into Appalachia. Absolutely love it.
I miss Kentucky as much as I do TN. Nothing beats Appalachia. Single barrel bourbon or a good ol jar of homemade clear! Or both...
Get the couch ready Duane... I’ll be there tomorrow!

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I find the hunt for Unicorn farts kind of fun. Yes it can be frustrating but when you score it’s something to look forward to. Each has their way and opinions about it and none are wrong. Enjoy what you have and are seeking because it’s all about the experience. Happy hunting to all.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
On the topic of unicorns, have any of you guys ever found Germain Plumcake? It’s been on my “to try” list for several years and I have never actually seen it for sale. Am I just late to the game, unlucky, or what?

xingpao

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2019
I sent a pm to a person who was frustrated with finding tobacco. I offered to help but never got an answer. So sad because since that time I knew of some primo buys at decent prices.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Unicorn hunting is what it's come down to for me at this point. Over the last couple weeks, especially the last couple days, I've added about 20 pounds to the cellar. My primary goal for quantity has been reached, so buying a few rarities here and there will keep me entertained. Finally landed some St. James Flake yesterday.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
On the topic of unicorns, have any of you guys ever found Germain Plumcake? It’s been on my “to try” list for several years and I have never actually seen it for sale. Am I just late to the game, unlucky, or what?
The Germain blends seem to be as difficult to find as Esoterica, if not more so. Best bet is to find a buddy in the UK who will purchase some there and ship it to you. I have seen it occasionally at some small B&M's. I've had it and didn't care for it that much so I don't buy it when I've seen it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Plumcake is an oddity. I finished off my last tin a few Christmases ago and while I can normally compare one blend to another, that is certainly a unique one and aptly named.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Thanks Mark and Thanks Duane. It’s the oddity of it that makes me want to try it, as the consensus is that it isn’t really comparable to anything else. So it sounds like it is still imported, which is good. If I keep waiting for too long, I’ll probably have to go the friend in the U.K. route.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Diamonback, where do you hail from in TN? One of my offices is in Birmingham, AL. I drive through TN on 65 multiple times per year.
That sounds capital!
I’m not terribly far from I-65. I’m in Murfreesboro, TN (Highway 96 is a quick cut-over).
We’ll have to wait a bit, as we’re under major renovation at home: finishing the bonus room, converting our garage into a room, completely renovating a bathroom, putting new sub-flooring in the kitchen, and finally rebuilding the deck. Phwew. Needless to say, the house looks like a war zone... contractors all over the place, etc.
We’re hoping everything will be done by October of this year, which would be perfect! Nothing like cool weather to break out our pipes. Bring your shootin’ irons if you wish. We’ve got a great outside range not too far away. Oh and there’s a great tobacco shop in Murfreesboro called “The Humidor.”
I’d love it if you dropped in for a visit once we’ve got the house together - should be October of this year :)
I’ll message ya!

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
[/quote]I’m in Murfreesboro, TN.
I used to live in Mboro. My sister has a spread out in Lascassas and I’m up there several times a year.
My sister went to the Humidor and bought the last of their bulk Nightcap for me a few months ago. Unfortunately we both forgot about it and by the time I finally received it, it was dead...
Anyway, I’ll PM you when I’m headed up next time if you’re up for it.
I’ll bring several large caliber firearms and lots of tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.