PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
it has a honey topping which brings out the natural sweetness of the Va

I totally disagree that it just has a light honey topping, that sounds like you’re describing Solani 633 or maybe even PS Luxury Flake. PS Twist Flake has a very strong vanilla or as some describe it, coconut casing that is very much meant to be tasted in the smoke. I understand that one MUST always come in here and say that ALL tobaccos are cased and while that is true some are cased to amplify the natural flavors of a blend while others are clearly meant to be tasted along with the natural flavors of the leaf. Twist Flake has more than just a little honey topping, it’s very fragrantly obvious that it is flavored with vanilla/coconut whereas something like Full Virginia Flake is cased only to bring out the natural flavors of the leaf, I don’t taste any added flavors and I don’t think 99% of other pipe smokers taste any added flavors in FVF. But the difference is, that’s what FVF is going for, a pure tasting VA flake whereas Twist Flake is not going for that and that’s totally fine, I enjoy it every once in a blue moon. I for one would be upset is Mac Baren’s Pure VA Flake tasted like vanilla or anything else other than what I’ve come to expect from what we pipe smokers refer to as a natural or pure VA but you got it, even Pure VA Flake is cased with something, it’s just not tasted as an obvious flavoring agent.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Availability? You Americans are living in toby heaven.
Come north of the 49th parallel. You'll see what real unavailability is! And let's not forget even the commonest of tins is $50 CAD.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Yes, but you have poutine readily available so I'd say we're even.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Never try MacBarren HH Old Dark Fired. Stay away from the Black Frigate crew as well. Cap’n Embers is very liberal when it comes to flogging. Any imagined wrongs will get you a quick hundred lashes from the cat-o-nine.
;-)

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Watch City has several SG blends RIGHT NOW including Full Virginia Flake.
Thanks for the tip.
I've been traumatized by all of the douchebaggery around here and have been hiding in my whine cellar all day...but I had to come crawling out for some FVF.
I feel better now.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I’m making my first trip to the Chicago pipe show. I’ll have to find the douchebag handing out bowls of unobtanium at the douchebag table.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
One clear takeaway from this thread is that between my gun safes, worktable, cigar humidor and now growing tobacco collection...
Mordy18 my man, we’re birds of a feather ;-)
I’d track down Hoosier for ya, but judging from his picture, he’d whip my old arse good and proper! lol

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I’d track down Hoosier for ya, but judging from his picture, he’d whip my old arse good and proper! lol
You have no idea how safe you are. LOL if you're going to be in Chicago, bring your old arse over for some laughs, unobtaniums and refreshments.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Don't fall for it diamondback, hoosier's packin'! :rofl:
bc967b2ef9dc94d11d6bd71ea5dde263.jpg

I bet Mark and Harris together would be a blast.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Mark is correct. When we get together people hide the children, wives go to another part of the house and our laughter can be heard for miles. Hopefully Mark will get his ass to Florida so we can hang on a regular basis.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Don't fall for it diamondback, hoosier's packin'! :rofl:
Dangit! Every time I think I’ve made a new friend! lol j/k
I love it. Grew up in the ‘gun culture’. I’d love to smoke a bowl while putting some lead down-range!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
You're very safe diamondback. If you're ever near Indianapolis, give me a holler. Nice gun range just a few miles down the road. After we blow a bunch of holes in targets, you can cover to the house to smoke some "unobtainables" and sip some good bourbon. I'm in a good mood today as well. Got a shipment in from Tobacco Pipes and also received my end of a buy/trade deal from Duke. And then there's my two beautiful, incredible granddaughters. Other than the tin of 2014 Mississippi River that Duke sent as a bonus, the others are all very obtainable ... and very, very good! Well, the Granddaughters are very unobtainable, they're why I keep the pistols around. LOL
birthday-600x450.jpg

ellie-lana-600x586.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They're little dolls Mark. Bet you're a very proud Grandad! I miss my girls being that little.

Status
Not open for further replies.