PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I'm just glad this forum doesn't have the same irritating spread of young pipe smokers as reddit pipes does. I.e, lord of the rings fanatics and hipsters.
Thats 'cause real recognize real brotha.
I'm twenty-five. Started piping about three-ish years ago. Been enraptured by it ever since.

latbomber

May 10, 2013
25 reporting in. I started smoking cigars when I was 19 believe it or not, and a few years back when I bought a pipe out of curiosity I enjoyed the hobby right away and have rarely revisited cigars. Pipe smoking feels just like learning to play an instrument, the more you practice the more rewarding it is. There is an unlimited amount to learn as well and I'm always discovering new things.

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
Yes sir, 23 years young here.
You may want to stick around. The lessons learned here are absolutely priceless and invaluable and the members are nothing but helpful, albeit smart asses sometimes, but that's what keeps it interesting. (I realize that was a run-on sentence from hell).
Welcome. :puffpipe:

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
I started pipe smoking in 2007 when I was 29. Not too far off of 25. I agree, you definitely don't see a lot of pipe smokers under the age of 25. A friend and I started smoking our pipes around the same time (he was a few years older) but I've never seen another young(ish) pipe smoker around here. In fact, I've never run into another pipe smoker around here except at the B&M. There seems to be lots of cigar smokers though, which isn't surprising since I live in a big banking town.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
As you have seen in this thread, not only do we have a large base of younger pipers, they are also some of the ones offering the most input here. This is a great mix! Welcome aboard.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Yeah, I started at 18 - and am 35 now - and I will also say most of the guys on /r/pipetobacco have dislike for the people who come in and say "hey where can I find that gandolf type pipe" just as much as these forums do....

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
six months into my 26th year. Started for my 24th birthday... believe it or not it wasn't my grandfather that smoked a pipe, it was my aunt. A corn cob as I remember...

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
21 here. I will be 22 later this month on the 23rd. I am on my second year as a steady pipe smoker. And loving evey bit of it!

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
Close. I'm 26. Started at 17. Thanks for making me feel old.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Add another to the list, seems there are much more than I expected here... I am 25 and my birthday is next month..... Insane, time has flown by so fast

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I think we should make a t-shirt or tattoo that says "I am in my twenties, smoke a pipe, and am NOT a hipster".

Status
Not open for further replies.