PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Can't find a good pic anywhere online, but we're watching "Fatal Attraction" and Fred Gwynne (most famous for playing Herman Munster) is smoking a pipe, a straight lovat or lumberman or saddle-stemmed Canadian of some kind.

I did look, but trying to find pics, but no matter what you put in the search, 99.9% of the results is him playing Herman Munster, even if you tell Google the results MUST HAVE "fatal attraction" and MUST NOT HAVE "munster", etc.

The only shot I could find:
View attachment 342320
What a fine actor, Munsters aside... I liked him best in My Cousin Vinnie.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Apparently, he died (too young, pancreatic cancer aged 66) in his cigar room at home. A brother of the smoke.
I read that when I looked him up after seeing that, because I was curious if he was a pipe smoker, because in the movie, he's legitimately smoking the pipe, no Hollywood trickery or anything. I'm assuming he did smoke a pipe at least a little, considering he apparently had a smoke room and looked to know what he was doing with it in that one scene.

This was one of only two scenes he's in for that movie. Immediately after that still image above, him and Micheal Douglas's character walk up the stairs and you can see the pipe pretty well if anyone happens to have the movie or wants to look it up, it's fairly early-on in the movie, maybe 1/4 of the way through, or in thr first half at least.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Connecticut, USA
I read that when I looked him up after seeing that, because I was curious if he was a pipe smoker, because in the movie, he's legitimately smoking the pipe, no Hollywood trickery or anything. I'm assuming he did smoke a pipe at least a little, considering he apparently had a smoke room and looked to know what he was doing with it in that one scene.

This was one of only two scenes he's in for that movie. Immediately after that still image above, him and Micheal Douglas's character walk up the stairs and you can see the pipe pretty well if anyone happens to have the movie or wants to look it up, it's fairly early-on in the movie, maybe 1/4 of the way through, or in thr first half at least.
There are many stills of him smoking cigarettes and cigars on google so he was definitely a smoker. His best friend Al Lewis (grandpa = Count Vladimir Dracula) smoked cigars.
1729105361153.png 1729105532719.png

Reactions: PaulRVA