SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Preferred Member
Mar 7, 2013
The best rest I've ever found for a vehicle: One of those neoprene jacket-cushion things for a beer can, cut off a bit past halfway down, and a deep-ish notch put in the edge to hold the shank/stem.
I drive a diesel F-250 with a stiff suspension and manual transmission, and haven't had a pipe jump onto the floor yet.

checotah

Preferred Member
Feb 7, 2012
Can't help with the OP, but, "back in the day" (the '60's) car dashboards were painted steel. There were a variety of magnet mounted devices, metal, wooden, even bean-bags that were designed to hold your pipe. Just a point of interest....maybe.....

Reactions: anotherbob

tuold

Preferred Member
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Vacuum cup seemed to be the answer back in the thirties. I even saw one article recommending you drill a hole in your dash to stick the stem of your pipe in!

Ok, not so helpful, but I though you might like a little pipe nostalgia.

ashdigger

Preferred Member
Jul 30, 2016
I use a product called "Stinky Car". It fits in the cup holder and has a lid that opens to make a tray. Opening the lid exposes two prongs, that put softy bits on, and it securely holds multiple pipe shapes. Very handy.

tennsmoker

Preferred Member
Jul 2, 2010
Chasingmembers: How do you get those SP.com pipe holders to stick to modern dashboards. I tried that, and the Velcro won't stick to the dash!
Before I figured that out, I had a full pipe flying all over the place. That was fun!

intrepidpiper

Mar 2, 2017