PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
The best rest I've ever found for a vehicle: One of those neoprene jacket-cushion things for a beer can, cut off a bit past halfway down, and a deep-ish notch put in the edge to hold the shank/stem.
I drive a diesel F-250 with a stiff suspension and manual transmission, and haven't had a pipe jump onto the floor yet.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Can't help with the OP, but, "back in the day" (the '60's) car dashboards were painted steel. There were a variety of magnet mounted devices, metal, wooden, even bean-bags that were designed to hold your pipe. Just a point of interest....maybe.....

Reactions: anotherbob

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
https://m.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe%20accessories/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=1200

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Vacuum cup seemed to be the answer back in the thirties. I even saw one article recommending you drill a hole in your dash to stick the stem of your pipe in!
PS%20auto%20pipe%20holder_zpsyfgqdel7.jpg

pm%20auto%20pipe%20h9older%2002_zpspp9w3vt2.jpg

PM%20Auto%20pipe%20holder_zpswwomu5qd.jpg

Ok, not so helpful, but I though you might like a little pipe nostalgia.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I use a product called "Stinky Car". It fits in the cup holder and has a lid that opens to make a tray. Opening the lid exposes two prongs, that put softy bits on, and it securely holds multiple pipe shapes. Very handy.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Chasingmembers: How do you get those SP.com pipe holders to stick to modern dashboards. I tried that, and the Velcro won't stick to the dash!
Before I figured that out, I had a full pipe flying all over the place. That was fun!

intrepidpiper

Lurker
Mar 2, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.