PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Ok, so I tried it, and loved it. Talk about soothing. Yeah, my pipe may be a little extra moist inside, thats fine, I will pull the stem, wipe it out and let it sit open to dry for a day. Totally worth it.

Reactions: gkunkel

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I always shower except for when I have bath tub company! Even after 41 years we still like to relax with some wine(her's)/ beer(mine), she lights her candles, I lite my pipe, some slow bellie rubbin' music and the fireplace waiting....
(I've never had condensation issues, but I smoke out on the lake or in the fog also. Just don't forget to turn the vent fan on, for water vapor and smoke).

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Pipe smoking and water, to my mind, don't go together. Accidents are bound to happen, or so I think.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Hey... go for it. As for me; I always smoke in the shower with an umbrella and a shit load of matches.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Like others have said, I'd be a little leery smoking a nice briar in the tub for fear of getting it wet, but an inexpensive corn cob or a traditional clay pipe should work just fine.

gkunkel

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2014
Yes, I do and I enjoy pipe smoking in the bath most when my wife joins me.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I love smoking my pipe in the tub. Sweet Pea/Lavender scented candles, Lavender bath salts and Vanilla Cream Flakes in my bowl.
If only I had a bigger bath tub to relax in. :)

Jan 8, 2013
I think I am going to have to make this a weekly thing, maybe Friday evenings to unwind from the work week. Next time, I think I will bring some Frank Sinatra along. And maybe kill one of the lights, it is kinda hard to relax with bright florescents beaming the whole time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe a bubble pipe? I'm trying to think of a pipe that is most water resistant, maybe a Falcon with

a Meerschaum bowl? At least, if you dozed off and dropped the pipe, it would go out and not cause

a fire. I'm another shower guy. I should probably soak in hot water, for my joints, but I don't. But if

I were going to do this smoking in the bath, I'd smoke an MM cob with a stock plastic stem. I think

I'd do an English blend; an aro with flavoring might make me queasy. Put a big old crockery bowl in

reach, to stow the pipe as needed, along with tamper and matches (dry, and must stay dry) or maybe

a lighter for this purpose. Happy soaking. Send a report. Sore joints? I highly recommend

Omega 3's; the improvement really took me by surprise.
Oh, also, a small clay pipe might be water resistant. If it took a bath, it would dry out, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.