PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Ok, I'm going to put myself out there on this one...
So, my wife bought some of those bath salts, and she tells me that it is a very relaxing experience. As a joke, I tell her "Sure, I'll try it, if I can smoke a pipe while I'm in there too..." But then I thought about it, might be pretty damn relaxing. Anyone tried smoking in the tub? Lessons learned/opinions?

Reactions: gkunkel

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
What does that commercial advertise, the one with a man and woman outdoors in the bathtubs?
Closest thing I've ever come to smoking in the bathtub is when I smoke a pipe while I'm soaking my feet in epson salts . . . Enjoy!

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
I only shower, but if I did have baths the thought of my 70 year old Dunhill slipping out of my hands and landing in a tub of soapy water would be enough for me not to try it! Also I bet the high humidity would be hard on the pipe.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Sorry but I think it 's little too much. For the freedom of pipe smoking or just a relaxing idea is o.k.

but so much problems lie like dropping, wetting pipe or smell of after smoking that ruin the bath room etc..

I'd rather smoke after bath with nice cup of coffee.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I haven't been in a bathtub since my mother showed me how to turn the shower on.. sorry just don't get sitting in dirty water. I have smoked a crappy old meer in the hot tub on special occasions.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
If you have a hot tub, try it, talk about pure bliss...course, helps to have a smoking hot blonde beside ya :)

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
LOL when I read "my wife bought some of those bath salts" my warped mind thought of the street drugs that go by that name. Back on topic, nope, never smoked in a bathtub. Like the guy above I have only taken showers since I was big enough to reach the shutoff. And I never smoke indoors, which is where our bathtub is ;)

Jan 8, 2013
I prefer the smell of a fine tobacco smoke in my bathroom to most other things that could happen in there
Agreed. I am going to give it a try tonight.
I also never smoke indoors, but I have been granted a special exception for this.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I do at least once a week in the winter time. I just crack the window a bit and put a standing cigar ashtray next to the tub for my lighter, tamper and such. Its not hard at all to keep your hands dry and quite relaxing. I personally dont have a problem where I drop my pipe, so im not worried about it falling in.
For those germaphobes, take a shower before your bath. Its not a bath to get clean, its a bath for a nice long soak.

Reactions: gkunkel

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I used to smoke cigars in the hot tub when we had one years ago.
I can imagine that smoking a pipe could be very relaxing.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
whatever you do don't make the mistake of loading your pipe with the bath salts. I hear it can turn you into a zombie.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've never tried it, as I'm more of a shower guy myself, but I have thought about it. It does sound quite nice. I have to agree with Peck's idea about the cob, I wouldn't want to risk one of my nice briars.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Recently tried smoking a briar in an outdoor hot tub - it was -20 C so I was trying to keep as much of me under the water as possible. Think with the pipe that close to the water and the air temp I experienced some condensation issues. Anyway, it was a beautiful starry night and I did get a few good puffs befor things got too soggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.