PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
On the porch of the lodge I ran in the U.P, at 6am, with a huge cup of percolator coffee and a bowlful of Chelsea Morning, watching the mist rise off the lake and listening to silence.

Or, maybe, on the break wall at sunrise, casting spoons for steelhead on an October morning, with some hot tea and a bowlful of something dark fired.

Or, in a cabin on a cold, rainy autumn evening, next to the fireplace, with a glass of scotch and my hound dog.

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
On the porch of the lodge I ran in the U.P, at 6am, with a huge cup of percolator coffee and a bowlful of Chelsea Morning, watching the mist rise off the lake and listening to silence.

Or, maybe, on the break wall at sunrise, casting spoons for steelhead on an October morning, with some hot tea and a bowlful of something dark fired.

Or, in a cabin on a cold, rainy autumn evening, next to the fireplace, with a glass of scotch and my hound dog.
Lodge in the UP? Are you a grouse hunter?

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Lodge in the UP? Are you a grouse hunter?

Never grouse hunted but I would love to one day.

This was a more vacation/college education camp. Really unique place that I was lucky enough to run for two seasons. Greatest job on Earth, surrounded by the greatest freshwater fishing on Earth!

Reactions: Swampy16

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
Never grouse hunted but I would love to one day.

This was a more vacation/college education camp. Really unique place that I was lucky enough to run for two seasons. Greatest job on Earth, surrounded by the greatest freshwater fishing on Earth!
Still in the UP?

Jan 27, 2020
Seems like many agree that Autumn is idea pipe weather. Something about pipe smoke and a cool misting rain, the plumes at times sort of hang there almost on a horizontal plane. No wonder England and Ireland are so closely associated with the mystique of pipe smoking and not more Mediterranean or Tropical climates.

Reactions: anotherbob

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
Northern rivers nsw Australia
My peterson 106 Christmas pipe stuffed with best brown no. 2 , watching the sun go down from the front porch while my 2 young daughters play in in the front yard , laughing and giggling without a care in the world , happy days .