PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I'm driven to buy more tobacco than pipes. A new tobacco blend I've never had before brings more to the table than another pipe--- if the pipe is really doing its job, in the dark (I usually smoke in subdued lighting), I shouldn't be able to tell it much from another.
The pipe is more an object of admiration of (hopefully) fine and beautiful craftsmanship that you just happen to also be able to smoke!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...also, to avoid pipe mania, avoid new genres of pipes. You don't own any Meerschaum? Don't shop them. No aluminum pipes? Don't look. Once inside the gravity field, you'll have new pipes stuffing your mailbox like Christmas catalogs.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I can't stop either. I sell pipes to "pare down" my collection, then... "BAM!" something hits me in the eye and my hand goes straight to the "Buy" button! Next thing you know, I'm "paring" again! ARRRRGGG! :cry: :crazy: :puffpipe: :)

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
Well the Tax man says a refund is coming, SmokingPipes.com says a Chacom Eltang Partially Sandblasted Oscar is also coming. That's #7 Time to stop, nahaaa...

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
In my post above, do you guys see the picture? All i see is an icon of the picture but not the picture???
Obviously I don't know how to do this? I added the pictures URL through the Picture Widget in my Home. Here's what's typed in the post.
"LEFT SQUARE BRACKET" img]http://pipesmagazine.com/members/atjurhs/album/picture/21875[/img "RIGHT SQUARE BRACKET"
What's wrong? FRUSTRATED!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Im north of 175 pipes in under 5 years. I keep telling myself to focus on tobacco. But the pipes... they are just so awesome!

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I haven't about a new pipe in a few years. (My "acquisition disorder" has been focused on other things lately.) I come here to enjoy other folks' PAD episodes vicariously. :D
On atjurhs's the image issue ...
newchacom-600x330.png

The image address is "http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/16271/newchacom-600x330.png" ... that's how I got it to show.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
JUST GO BUY A PIPE. NO money,no problem. A spray bottle, some paper towels,shabby cloths,and oh yes don't shave for a few days. Approach folks at busy intersections to wash their windshield. They will throw money at you just ta get ya to go away. I've bought a lot of pipes and tobacco this way. Only been shot at twice.Ain't been hit yet ! I'm fast. ;-)

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Yeah I've lost my mind, Most of them are old and were very cheap, I am restoring them.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
you will never get over this so called "fever" i have not, i remember when i first joined the forums, I only had a corncob pipe(legend) and a mini ozark, both from Missouri meerschaum, and now I have so many pipes, that I have to tell my self that maybe I might have a problem.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
I figure the only cure is not having the money really. However, as my collection has been growing I have noticed there are pipes I have not smoked in months ( even years). In the end it all comes down to a handful of pipes which are my favourites and I smoke every day. And those , I think, are the only ones I should have bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.