Pipe Cleaners Subject to New Regulations?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Winslow Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
12 Fresh Johs Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I buy 25 packs of Fluffy and 25 packs of Bristled every other month or so whether I need them or not. Now that I hear of shortages, I will buy 50 of each. Soon I will be the king of pipecleaners. I have a source that has really good prices. I also have 2 other sources in case my number 1 place is out of stock. I am watching the Pie Cleaner shortage of 2021 very carefully.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Regulating pipes never made any sense to me... Coffee mugs are used to consume coffee, so why not regulate those as well.

It's all part of orchestrated plan to destroy the tobacco industry, death of a thousand cuts.

We need a National Pipes Association... NPA.
there are regulations about cups already. They just have it all ironed out to the point we don't have to think about it. I have no problem with them regulating pipes, I do have a problem with how not together their shit is about these regulations. I'll never forget getting a call from customs asking me if the snus can I was ordering had any toxicity. That was a very surreal experience. My response is the site told me it's stainless steel and it's for putting chew cans in to protect them from being sat on or anything.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to deflect. Yes, I have tried them. The fibers are slick and non-absorbent. If you just need to push ash out of the stem, then yes, but they do not absorb the tars and moistures.
one time I had to clean at the daycare and I ran out of cleaners (had more on the way) and borrowed some of theirs they worked great actually. But you just have to make sure they're made out of cotton (to be environmentally friendly).

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am not the type of guy that says I told ya so, but guess what, I told ya so. I called this back in 2012 when I began chasing down every favorite pipe tobacco and buying huge quantities. I am sorry for all the guys who are late to the party and hopefully the government screws the pooch which is certainly a possibility. Or hopefully they just keep kicking the can down the road.

One thing I am surprised at is the prices that have gone pretty high. I didn't expect them to go up as much as they did.

Reactions: JOHN72

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I have enough pipe cleaners for a lifetime. My mentor always picked up a hand full of bags of 100 every time he went to a B&M. He told me you can never have enough pipe cleaners so even if you don't get any tobacco, at least buy a hand full of pipe cleaner bags. It stuck with me and I've done it for years. This along with other much appreciated advice.