PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
I want to like them. Stop the ugly teeth chatter, but I just don’t like the feel. Bought the new Back to Our Roots trio from MM with the green stems. They don’t sell replacement green stems, but I just can’t stand putting a softy on.

Reactions: Browny

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
I use some of the softee bits on some of my pipes, but when I want something with a little less of a "spongy" feel to it I use a bit of Shrink Tubing. You can make it any length, color, or thickness, as you can double it up to make it thicker. Sometimes I prefer it to the softees because of the fit.

Sometimes I don't like anything at all on my stems, depending on the size and texture. puffy

Razorback

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2019
Atlanta, GA
I smoke a Falcon almost exclusively and the bits don’t really work for me on those pipes. I’ve had better success with them on other pipes.

TexJake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2022
Hill Country, TX
I’m with cosmic here - when I first read this I assumed OP was talking about the stem, because softie bits wouldn’t be the thing that prevented a pipe from fitting in a bag, right?

I’m concerned that OP is going to think everyone is saying that he doesn’t need the stem of his pipe, that about 50+% of respondents in the thread in fact don’t like using the stem of their pipe. 🤣🤣

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Assuming we're talking about softies and not stems here, I find they make me clench my jaw against them and make my jaw sore. Just a nervous habit, like a squeeze ball to ease the nerves. But they don't work for me.

It really helps to write questions clearly so they can be answered. The answers may vary, but at least we know what we are addressing.

Reactions: Doctor Chopper

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I’m with cosmic here - when I first read this I assumed OP was talking about the stem, because softie bits wouldn’t be the thing that prevented a pipe from fitting in a bag, right?

I’m concerned that OP is going to think everyone is saying that he doesn’t need the stem of his pipe, that about 50+% of respondents in the thread in fact don’t like using the stem of their pipe. 🤣🤣
What are the odds the OP ever returns?

• Haha
Reactions: TexJake

justscience

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2013
Upper Midwestern USA
If I put one on a thinned Double Comfort stem of a Charatan's pipe, I'd feel like I'm mocking their innovation.
Seriously, they make my pipe feel like an infant's pacifier.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.