4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Yes to Hawaiian pizza. Most pizza toppings I've had are good and the combinations are nearly endless. Personal favorite that is a family repellent is anchovies and jalapenos (since anchovies were mentioned earlier).
I have never understood the seemingly world-wide revulsion to anchovies. Do people get this from TV shows? But, when you cook anchovies on a pizza, they aren't fishy, more a deep savory and salty taste. I love them. And, actually anchovies are in a lot of stuff that I bet you didn't know they were in.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I have never understood the seemingly world-wide revulsion to anchovies. Do people get this from TV shows? But, when you cook anchovies on a pizza, they aren't fishy, more a deep savory and salty taste. I love them. And, actually anchovies are in a lot of stuff that I bet you didn't know they were in.

Agreed. The trick in many recipes is adding them with a deft touch. Pizza, all bets are off and the more, the merrier. I once had a fantastic tomato dip where the secret ingredient was anchovies. The wife even liked it!

Reactions: edger and timelord
Agreed. The trick in many recipes is adding them with a deft touch. Pizza, all bets are off and the more, the merrier. I once had a fantastic tomato dip where the secret ingredient was anchovies. The wife even liked it!
I keep anchovy paste in the fridge at all times to use when making green beans, ore any beans really, and tomato dishes. just a dab is even good when making a cheese dish. And, it's in most store bought sauces and condiments... check your labels.

Reactions: timelord and shanez

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
The calzone I have in Italy were quite different from that. The dough wasn't thicker than a thin crust pizza and the fillings were plentiful. As for size, they varied a bit from a medium sized burrito, albeit with a half moon shape, to large, but no more than 8" in length.
I was introduced to Calzone when working in Lugano. Lugano is in Ticino, the Italian speaking canton of Switzerland (and very like being Italy but with Swiss organisation ;)). Definately very thin dough and a LOT of filling.

Reactions: edger
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I like pineapple pizza, but I always assumed that was because I am Canadian. Perhaps another thread to discuss your favour style of Pizza - the best of course is Detroit with Chicago following up closely behind.
I've heard a lot about you on the forum, from the collection of piles to an amazing cellar of tobacco.

With favoring Detroit style pizza, I like you even more.

• Wow
Reactions: edger