PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Congrats badbrair, post a pic when it comes in. Really dig Mark's work, have about a dozen pipes from him. For me, Mark offers a good mix of aesthetic, quality, and price. He's a dude that seems to have fun making a pipe. I've got the very occasional rough spot over those dozen or so pipes, but he's always made that rare polish-up when requested.

I typically have one commission going in a giving month; around Christmas 18' my turn was up with a pretty big name NA carver. Close to $2k pipe, basically asked him to make a pipe that he would drop in front of an audience to say 'this is what I'm about'. Sending me pics/e-mails.....oh boy, a light blast brown Danish blob.....oh boy, thanks. Getting these e-mails....dude ment well but a bit high-handed , droning on about appreciating something, something, something on the button. I had ordered a couple custom capped pipes from Mark at this point, and while I'm reading button lecture #10 I get an e-mail from Mark...."SAM...CHECK IT OUT.....I PUT A FACE ON THIS PIPE!!!!" It was completely bonkers, but I grinned ear to ear. Dude just having fun putting his spin on pipes, I appreciate that.

Reactions: rmpeeps

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Mark is just a cool guy. I’ve had him make me a couple of pipes and have enjoyed smoking a pipe with him in his workshop. Hell of a guy.

I asked him to make me a pipe and told him what I wanted. He came through with a spectacular piece that I am over the moon about. It’s like he read my mind with the final result. If you’re considering a new pipe do yourself a favor and give his stuff a look or call him and talk to him. Even if you don’t buy one he’s an interesting fellow to talk to. Here’s the pipe he made from my description of what I wanted.

7058C9DF-C7BE-4DEB-A989-AFD5751EC1F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: rmpeeps

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yeah great pipe man! I love the look of his pipes. Don’t have one myself but I’ve bought about 100 blocks of briar from him about ten years ago when I was hit with the pipe making bug. Haven’t made a pipe in about 8 years but damn that briar is going to be cured really well by the time I get back to it!