Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Photo%20Mar%2007%2C%206%2007%2008%20PM.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@npod - you are trying to post a photo from Drop-Box. That site is for file storage, but it is not actually hosting a photo, so that won't work. You can right click on a photo in your Drop-Box and click "Copy to Share" (or similar) and then post that link ( the document needs to be in your Public folder as well). If you paste that link, folks can go to the photo, but not see it in a thread. I hope that makes sense. You need to use PostImage, the allbum here or other platform for photo hosting.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That worked, just right click on the photo, click "view image info", then from the Media tab, grab the picture from the Location (there will be a long list, scan down until the desired picture appears). Copy that location info, then past THAT into the IMG function here. (just like the Photo how-to shows for all image hosting)

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
The images on a recent post show up on my computer, but not my cell phone, let me try again.
H3AOHtUeFBMoXBikdiiNmK7wt9RJhHLqcv51RZ9OvkE%2CQ9WKEA6Fl1xAKbT7s2eQE4T5LxAMCy7d4bou0Wrd33E

Edit: not working. Oh well, enough of Drop Box. I'll try imgur.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Failed experiment.

Nothing to see here.
"I've won at every level, except college and pro."

-Shaquille O'Neal, on his lack of championships.

"I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."

-O'Neal on whether he had visited the Parthenon during his visit to Greece.

Status
Not open for further replies.