Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I have a Peterson on order right now. While I've never been plagued by these problems, I've gravitated to the Irish Made Army line. Acrylic army mount fishtail stem and smaller bowls being my preference.
BTW, I've NEVER paid even $100 for any pipe in my stable!
I've been looking at the 999 and 80s. Do you have either?

Reactions: edger

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
A few people have suggested the problems -- if any -- lie in the Aran line. I'm 99% sure my next pipe will be a Peterson, so it sounds maybe best to go with something from them different. Any favorites among the forum?
I have 3 Arans in my herd of Petersons; no problems with any of them and they smoke just as well as my more expensive Petes.

Pete-Sav

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
Arkansas
While most of my Petes are systems, 90% or so, I purchased an Aran 107 about 3 months ago from SP. I couldn't ask for better drilling on a pipe. Especially at it's price point. Wonderful smoker. I absolutely love the pipe. Only seen VA, VA/PER, and Burley in it. Just my 2 cents worth.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I think it has more flare and artistic beauty, and something more unique if you’re into that sort of thing with Pipes.

If it smokes good too, don’t be bothered.

Please show some other shots of the pipe.

Reactions: OzPiper and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Of my numerous Petes, only one I have reason to complain about. It's a Silver Mounted Army 106. Everything about it looks great, even the drilling. Every time I smoke it, about halfway through, it starts to gurgle. No matter how I pack, dry, or smoke the damn thing gurgles.

All my other higher end Petes, Sherlock Holmes, and Republic era pipes smoke great though. Hell, even my Aran 53 smokes well.
Run a tight fitting drill bit through the shank ?