PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson is under new management, so the St. Pat's Day pipes may have been suspended for now, or not. I did notice the many pipes from last year on sale recently. That may have swamped the market for them already.

My St. Pat's Day pipe is from their old Around the World series dedicated to about five different nations, this one to Ireland, with a Celtic design on the wide nickel band, bright red stain, on a slightly bent bulldog, not a bit of green on it, but definitely appropriate to the day.

K.E. Powell

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
Didn't the same thing happen to the Dracula? I believe that was a seasonal pipe or am I mistaken?
It was originally meant to be a one-off thing, but became a part of their permanent rotation. Their Dracs tend to sell very well. I love mine. I curl up with it when I watch old horror films like a complete cornball.

K.E. Powell

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I'm looking forward to seeing a 2023 Peterson St. Patrick's Day pipe. I hope they tone it down a little with the green stems.
I think the green stems could work if they were done a bit more tastefully. 2022 had this garish green that looked like the plastic you would see on a child's toy. If it weren't for that, I would likely pick up one. Same with the Halloween pipes. An orange stem could look really cool done right, but the monotone pastel orange is just horrid.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I don’t think I get the appeal. St Patrick’s Day is a Day, not a season, so you really only get to use it for a day, maybe a week tops if you stretch it.

The Christmas and Halloween pipes I could get more mileage from since I celebrate those for a month.

I guess it is more because they’re based in Ireland, but it might as well be a Valentines Day pipe as far as I’m concerned plus I dislike loud colored stems.

Reactions: UncleRasta

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
It was originally meant to be a one-off thing, but became a part of their permanent rotation. Their Dracs tend to sell very well. I love mine. I curl up with it when I watch old horror films like a complete cornball.
Oh okay, didn't know that. I love the Dracula pipes too. I don't own one, but I will one day buy one.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Every day is St. Patrick’s Day with any Peterson!

I’ll succumb someday, but the solid color green stems aren’t for me, nor a green bowl.

My oldest dog was born on St. Patrick’s Day, if they come out with an interesting one this year I may give in just to make his upcoming 16th birthday “official”!
66F0B58C-3E36-443D-8607-54B4C49A66A7.jpeg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I think the green stems could work if they were done a bit more tastefully. 2022 had this garish green that looked like the plastic you would see on a child's toy. If it weren't for that, I would likely pick up one. Same with the Halloween pipes. An orange stem could look really cool done right, but the monotone pastel orange is just horrid.
I bought both the garish green 2022 SPD pipe and the orange stem 2022 Halloween pipe.

I'll buy a 2023 SPD no matter what it looks like. I'm goofy that way. 🤪