PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
So the other day I was smoking the straight Rhodesian Molly and found two fills. I didn't not notice them early on, but as the bowl darkens a bit the fills have shown them selves. The pipe obviously still smokes the same but I am a little disappointed.

Aug 14, 2012
You have me looking for fills in my Mark Twain Pete. I didn't find any, but the grain looks painted on. That is truly low. There was a recent post in the Peterson International Pipe Club complaining about Peterson bashing. They called it uncalled for. PAINTING THE GRAIN ON A PIPE? That stinks. It's like putting brick wallpaper on the outside of a wooden tenement and selling it as a brick house. Absolutely despicable. A while back I was planning to get a Peterson dealership for my camera store. I have dropped those plans. I don't sell cameras I would not use, and will continue that policy for pipes. I do have some very good Petes, and have recently sold a large number of not so good Petes. They really ought to have more pride.

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
foggymountain, can you post a photo showing this grain that you think is suspect, I cannot picture what it might look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.