PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
This was my first foray into VaPers. This tobacco was a little on the drier side, which is a good thing, at least in terms of keeping the ember lit. Very smooth, enjoyable smoke, requiring only one relight. No bite, and contrary to some reviews I have read for this one, no overwhelming tidal wave of nic-hit. Again, having a go at perique for the first time, I could definitely taste it (especially towards the end of the bowl), but it was definitely not dominant. I recommend anyone else new to perique to give this a go. Also, smoking a Peterson tobacco in a Peterson pipe (Dublin 221) just felt right, although that could just be my OCD kicking in.

Apparently, this is now called Irish Cask. As to why, your guess is as good as mine. Perhaps the People for the Ethical Treatment of Oaks (PETO) got their panties in a bunch, and decided to vent their grievances in a rather bizarre manner. Another scintillating victory for the language adjustment police.

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
Be careful........I smoked pounds of this.....really like it with a 9mm filter but after a few tins in dedicated pipes it ghosts big style. I have half a dozen such pipes and the ghost is not a pleasant one with most other tobacco!

Pleased your enjoying it...the name change ....I think was the E.U. regs regarding names like cherry ( became Red etc.).....hmmm Oak doesn't really fit there....

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
This was my first foray into VaPers. This tobacco was a little on the drier side, which is a good thing, at least in terms of keeping the ember lit. Very smooth, enjoyable smoke, requiring only one relight. No bite, and contrary to some reviews I have read for this one, no overwhelming tidal wave of nic-hit. Again, having a go at perique for the first time, I could definitely taste it (especially towards the end of the bowl), but it was definitely not dominant. I recommend anyone else new to perique to give this a go. Also, smoking a Peterson tobacco in a Peterson pipe (Dublin 221) just felt right, although that could just be my OCD kicking in.

Apparently, this is now called Irish Cask. As to why, your guess is as good as mine. Perhaps the People for the Ethical Treatment of Oaks (PETO) got their panties in a bunch, and decided to vent their grievances in a rather bizarre manner. Another scintillating victory for the language adjustment police.
People for the ethical treatment of casks (PETC) shall hear of this.
?

Status
Not open for further replies.