PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I have a 406, an 86, a 999 and I'm looking for a 102(small billiard). I just love these basic no frills pipes and I recommend them to all and sundry! My Ulster grandfather smoked them and recommended them to me back in the early 1970s. You can break them down and shove them in your pocket and not worry about breakage. You can clear up a gurgle or a clog because the stem can be removed from a hot pipe.

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
I have a 406, an 86, a 999 and I'm looking for a 102(small billiard). I just love these basic no frills pipes and I recommend them to all and sundry! My Ulster grandfather smoked them and recommended them to me back in the early 1970s. You can break them down and shove them in your pocket and not worry about breakage. You can clear up a gurgle or a clog because the stem can be removed from a hot pipe.
One of my Silver Mounted Armies is a 102 (my first one, actually). It’s one of my favorite pipes by far.

K.E. Powell

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
The Peterson IAMs are probably some of my favorite pipes. Easy to clean, elegant but understated, and uses a standard fishtail. (I don't hate the P-lip, but I do prefer more standard bits.) I have one in their XL Billiard, and I love it. It is probably my favorite Pete other than my Deluxe System.

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
That's a stunningly gorgeous pipe ! Its so elegant and classic. I wonder if they have a filtered bent ... Maybe while I'm shopping for others ... 🤔
From what I understand, the Irish "Made" Army are 6mm and the "Army" are 9mm - for filters. So that would give you an option. There are a few sandblasted 9mm 120s on smokingpipes right now.