PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Yes, from the comments that I've heard about them - a "working man's pipe". Very reasonably priced and as bullet08 says - a good tool. I've been looking at the Irish Army series - in particular the 120. I'm attracted a bit to the history of them as well. I don't have a Peterson so far, but it could be my next pipe. An Irish Dublin as well seems to be a good combo.

Attachments

• Irish Army 120.jpg
    Irish Army 120.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 39

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
Yes, from the comments that I've heard about them - a "working man's pipe". Very reasonably priced and as bullet08 says - a good tool. I've been looking at the Irish Army series - in particular the 120. I'm attracted a bit to the history of them as well. I don't have a Peterson so far, but it could be my next pipe. An Irish Dublin as well seems to be a good combo.
Peterson’s 120 is a great shape. I got a 2022 St. Patrick’s Day 120 and it was an excellent smoker from the start.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I have a 68 Aran Irish Army (20mmx40mm chamber) that I bought in 1982 - my first pipe ! It smokes great, very comfortable. It is a bit short and has thin walls compared the large pipes I prefer now but a good smooth sipping pipe. I won't part with it for practical and sentimental reasons. It makes a nice light travel pipe as well. You won't be disappointed.

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I actually just purchased a pipe,(a beautiful Mastro Geppetto Canadian,) so I'm not buying it immediately for sure, but maybe later this fall or the beginning of winter. But, I just never noticed many people smoking them; lots of Petersons, but, not many Irish Army. So, I was curious.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I have a 68 Aran Irish Army (20mmx40mm chamber) that I bought in 1982 - my first pipe ! It smokes great, very comfortable. It is a bit short and has thin walls compared the large pipes I prefer now but a good smooth sipping pipe. I won't part with it for practical and sentimental reasons. It makes a nice light travel pipe as well. You won't be disappointed.
@sparker69 --- This link might give you some more info. My pipe looks exactly like first one pictured.