PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Nevaditude

Can't Leave
Apr 5, 2022
Northern Nevada
As a Certified Pete Geek, I have all the system shapes in various finishes and always loved the idea of a Jekyll & Hydecray, but I prefer usually a system pipe & have waited.I am so happy J&H is finally in the System! I find I really am smoking my smaller pipes a lot lately (I have 313's in each finish smooth, rusticated, sandblasted... ditto in the 317) I wanted another 314 to go with my most boring pipe, a 314 Heritage Standard (but it smokes great).puffy
So...This morning I picked this up from SPE in Dublin. I had a 302 in the cart to match my 2s Deluxe Natural CP, but like I said, it's the smaller pipes have been what I have been reaching for of late.
be well...
J&H314R.jpgJ&H314Ljpg.jpg

Nevaditude

Can't Leave
Apr 5, 2022
Northern Nevada
LOL...Infection...? 😵‍💫
Yikes! I'll be careful then, & remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Also, inward development is important in a piper's journey as as he ponders the good & evil out in the world AND within the human heart. I find most pipe smokers do. :sher:
Mark Irwin, author of The Peterson Pipe: The Story of Kapp & Peterson put it this way, "the more perilous path, is to smoke your Jekyll &Hyde System as a contemplative vehicle for self-awareness, exploring the duality of human nature (the “Thinking Man,” indeed)"
In R.L.Stevenson's classic book Dr. Jekyll asserts that “man is not truly one, but truly two,” and he imagines the human soul as the battleground for an “angel” and a “fiend,” each struggling for mastery. As a child, I learned the Warner Brothers and Disney cartoon studios agreed with him. Looking forward to the arrival of my ugly pipe to smoke while I fish with my "Ugly Stick"!....be well...

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
LOL...Infection...? 😵‍💫
Yikes! I'll be careful then, & remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Also, inward development is important in a piper's journey as as he ponders the good & evil out in the world AND within the human heart. I find most pipe smokers do. :sher:
Mark Irwin, author of The Peterson Pipe: The Story of Kapp & Peterson put it this way, "the more perilous path, is to smoke your Jekyll &Hyde System as a contemplative vehicle for self-awareness, exploring the duality of human nature (the “Thinking Man,” indeed)"
In R.L.Stevenson's classic book Dr. Jekyll asserts that “man is not truly one, but truly two,” and he imagines the human soul as the battleground for an “angel” and a “fiend,” each struggling for mastery. As a child, I learned the Warner Brothers and Disney cartoon studios agreed with him. Looking forward to the arrival of my ugly pipe to smoke while I fish with my "Ugly Stick"!....be well...
While I appreciate you and Mark Irwin's insight on the subject, I must return to cleansing myself of the horrors rattling my bones from laying eyes on these appalling monstrosities. I might need to seek professional help. If there are any counselors on the forum please reach out to me in this time of need.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I came closer than I thought I would at lunch to ordering one and I think they look cool but in the end, with the PPN soon and planning a Christmas pipe decided to wait and see. Maybe later.

However, sitting under the deck umbrella with a fall shower and colored leaves I’m now going to seek out and watch “Something Wicked This Way Comes” tonight. Always liked it, and introduced it to my kids when they were younger and a favorite of theirs as well.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
LOL...Infection...? 😵‍💫
My Jekyll & Hyde Ugly Sticks KIMG2734.JPG

Nevaditude

Can't Leave
Apr 5, 2022
Northern Nevada
I find the design intriguing. A duality of man. The refined and polished public persona and the rough and wild true persona.
Yes, I agree with that sentiment. T'is exactly why the book remains a classic AND I think one may (perhaps) extrapolate those thoughts to the multitudes in cities as we no longer even pay lip service /credence to denying ones self for the greater good. Kindness? ha! Small towns at least need to pretend to get along with the butcher or barber or grocer as they may (perhaps) be the only game in town. "Kids just need to suck it up when parents split, no need to work things out with her/him, just walk!" McDonald's taught the boomers & me genz well, "you deserve a break today' or Burger King's "have it YOUR way' and a thousand other ideas. How many people today don't even know their neighbors? Yeah, retired school teacher on a rant here. Seen lots of hurt kids with the 'hundred mile stare of soldiers'. Who can learn like that?
....sigh....
Okay... rant over. The duality of man is a great topic for the "thinking man to ponder as he pipes his Peterson. be well...

Last edited: