Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
SPC will release Peterson's 2022 Christmas pipe at 6pm on 9/13/22.

This year's pipe features a deep rustic (or smooth) look with a burgundy stain, copper bands, and fishtail stems. They look "elegant" (and I would share the link but my skills are horrible on a cell phone).

Rumor is SPC will also release a Halloween pipe, but I could not find confirmation or the brand (and think Peterson's Dracula line will be though to beat).

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
If they brought the Samháin line back it probably would outsell the Dracula.

View attachment 168593
Those are sharp, but don't give me a Halloween vibe (but I do get autumn from them). It looks like a flying witch hallmark perhaps? What year was the Samhain line released?

When I hear Samhain, I generally think of Glenn Danzig and the Misfits - which is not a bad thing.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I want a Peterson, the problem is all the ones that I like the look of have features I don't want (vulcanite stems, p-lip bits, system or filter), and the ones that have the features I do want (acrylic stems, fishtail bits, non-system/filter) are ones I don't like the look of.

I like the stain color, not sure I dig the copper though (by that, I mean I hate the copper).

Reactions: Browny and romaso

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I want a Peterson, the problem is all the ones that I like the look of have features I don't want (vulcanite stems, p-lip bits, system or filter), and the ones that have the features I do want (acrylic stems, fishtail bits, non-system/filter) are ones I don't like the look of.

I like the stain color, not sure I dig the copper though (by that, I mean I hate the copper).
Go to the Peterson website and you can explore the full range! There are a fair number of acrylic fishtails if you like that. I don’t mind acrylic but prefer the softer stems.

Reactions: anotherbob

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Go to the Peterson website and you can explore the full range! There are a fair number of acrylic fishtails if you like that. I don’t mind acrylic but prefer the softer stems.
I already have looked, hence why I said what I said... the ones I do like the look of are available only in certain features I don't want. The ones available with the features I want, I don't like the look of.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW

I've been happy with my 2 Tyrones, big & affordable also. They're my outdoor 'smoke in the rain' pipes.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Reactions: scloyd