PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I don't know about Chinese market, but with that many people living in China, even fraction of 'em can dry up the tobacco supply world wide. But more importantly, just grab some mild OTC. I really don't see the difference between PS blends and codger blends. Topping just overwhelms the whole smoking experience.

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
Yeah I noticed the lack of Peter stokkeby flakes on SPC a couple weeks back but my local brick and mortar just got a shipment of luxury Navy flake last week that sort of surprised me LOL

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Most vendors maintain a level of stocking that is the level of what the par is. If somebody gets on the forum and raves about some blend, then the usual suspects get hit hard and the blend goes out of stock.

This doesn't mean that a particular manufacturer is going out of business, or just selling all of their inventory to China. STC's forecast may have been off, but that doesn't mean they are throwing in the towel.

The theorizing and speculation that goes on is laughable.

Smokingpipes is probably the most familiar and popular vendor, and thus they get hit hard when these ravings and theories present themselves. There are plenty of other vendors that do have stock when SP is out of a particular item though. Putting the disparate pieces together and adding them up ( 2 + 2 = 5.3485 ) doesn't help anyone...

Reactions: mingc