PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Wow! Wow is pretty much all there is to say lol. I can see why this blend is their number one aromatic. If you haven't tried it I strongly suggest you do, and soon before I order all the stock lol. This is such a great tasting tobacco. It reminds me of an Oh-Henry candy bar without the peanuts.
Another addition to my rotation. I'm seriously considering switching to this for my everyday blend rather than MacB's 7 Seas Regular Blend

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
It was the actual tobacco they were smoking in the movies?
Yeah was. I read it somewhere but damned if I can find it again... There was another too but I don't remember. That was like 10yr ago lmao

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For those who buy tobacco at Tinder Box, Peter Stokkebye's Nougat is sold at TB as North Sea. I bought

some recently, after having smoked it years ago, to see if I had long outgrown it. I hadn't. Good stuff.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Interesting. MacBaren's 7 Seas Regular was my every day blend for a very long time. I may just have to give this a go.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I love this stuff. My GF loves the smell and keeps a baggy in her car to smell when she misses me. (she lives far away).
=D

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
In one of the videos, Kevin mentioned that this is what is smoked during the LOTR movies. I can't remember beyond that fact. That was the reason I bought some a couple years ago. I then fell in love with the taste.
Winton

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yes it's what the actors were actually puffing on in the movie. Not sure if I should let the cat out of the bag but any who, Brian Levine was working for Peter Stokkebye at the time and was the one who placed the order for them. Apparently one of the crew members smoked it and the actors loved it so they called up Stokkebye and ordered about 20lbs of it. I'm sure there was some extra smoke CGId in for visual effect and I'm pretty sure the sail boat going through the smoke ring was CGId as well lol., but the pipes were loaded with tobacco and the actors were really puffing them.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I read that too lordofthepipering. But wasn't there another tobacco they had on set? I know I read it somewhere but like I said, damned if I can find it again.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
They should have special screenings where, during the appropriate scenes, the sweet smell of Peter Stokkebye's Nougat

wafts out over the audience.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I once received a free 1 oz. sample of this with my regular order and thought it was OK? I personally prefer Golden Dansk.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
Good tobacco, always in my rotation and a few pounds cellared.

Peter Stokkebye has many fine tobacco's.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
After smoking this and 4noggins TBM all weekend while away visiting family, I don't really like my regular 'go to' of MacB's 7Seas Regular anymore :? . I had a bowl of it when we got home this evening and TBH, really didn't taste anything exciting anymore.
I have a VERY strong feeling that Three Blind Moose and Nougat are going to be my go-to's now. I still like other Mac'B blends, but these two blends are the absolute closest to the blends my uncles smoked. Like I mean 99.9% close! When I was young (like maybe 8-9) I stole a puff from one of their pipes during the family Christmas Party when they were off getting another drink. The pipe smelled SO good so I though I would see what it tastes like. I have never forgotten that taste and these two blends are almost bang on. More so the Nougat for the aroma and TBM for the taste and a little aroma.
So many great memories come back when I smell these two great blends. I love the connection things like that have in life. So humbling. :puffy:

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
"Always looking for that Holy Grail aromatic. Sadly, they always disappoint. We shall see..."
+1 to that, sothron. Nevertheless, I ordered some 4noggins Three Blind Moose AND some Nougat. Hope runs high, and that old TBA has me in its spell; that old TBA that I know so well.....

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I like the Nougat - it's a solid smoke that I enjoy, and I'm not embarrassed to offer to my friends that are not really into aros. My favorite is still the Tinderbox Sunset.

Status
Not open for further replies.