PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
OK. granted that decades of spicy SE Asian food has probably killed my taste buds, but I tried the Stokkebye's Nougat, which I don't find as chocolatey as, for instance, McClelland's Tastemaster, and the 4noggins Three Blind Moose (which my wife says smells more like mouse than moose) and, although it's sweet, I'm not getting the butterscotch flavour. Both pleasant smokes, though. I'll keep trying......

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
I like all McClelland's but haven't tried the Tastemaster.
I will now. I hope there is some ketchup overtones.....

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Mine arrived today. Haven't tried it yet. But the tin note is overwhelming. I don't detect "nougat". Rather a string aniseed / licorice smell. Everything else in the box now smells like it! Hope I got the right stuff?

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Tried the Nougat again today.. It definitely tastes better in briar than in pearwood (yesterday I smoked it in a Mr Brog, today in a Peterson System.) Much more mellow taste, with the chocolate notes coming through. A dramatic example of the difference a pipe can make.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Finally gave this one a try. While not a big Aro guy, this one is pretty good for what it is. As is to be expected, great pouch note. Pleasant cocoa and sugar taste.
Not particulaly goopy, though it does burn hot. Doesn't leave much mess or dottle. Probably a good choice for Aro guys but not one I'll stock.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
glad to see everyone is trying it out. roth you should seriously give it a go. I let mine sit out for about 5min before I packed it up to let it 'air' a little bit. I always smoke a briar so I don't know any different tastes I would get from any other pipes, and smoking nougat and TBM I get all the flavors they say one should taste.
I like the pouch not from the nougat, it reminds me of what pipe tobacco smelled like when I was kid. Like candy I couldn't have until I was older :P lol

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
Arise, thread!
I got two ounces of this on a whim with my last tobacco order - this is some great stuff! Superior to many of the pricier aromatic blends I've been smoking lately. If you're an aro smoker, give this a shot - it has a wonderful creamy sweetness and is very dry smoking - highly recommended!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think this thread prompted me to buy a small bag of bulk. It's pleasant, but not my favorite aromatic.

I rotate aromatics with English blends and a few other tobaccos. I found my batch of Nougat just a little

prone to bite, but otherwise tasty, better in one of my few filter pipes. My favorite aromatics right now

are Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge (Va/Bur/Cav and rum); Altadis Dark Obsession, Cav w/walnut; and

Lane's LL-7, which I find livelier than the ever-popular Q-1.

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
I think I'm liking this so much right now because it's different from some other aromatics I've been smoking - not quite as sweet, with a dryness to it that reminds me of baker's chocolate. I've not gotten any bite from it at all, though it does have a slight acidic quality that might bother some.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I have about 8 ounces of this - I unfortunately can't rank it high in my aromatic list of blends, maybe it needs to keep sitting in a jar but the last couple times I tried it, it just didn't sit well with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.