PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Perique "juice" available here.
liqueur-perique-liqueur-de-tabac-50cl-osc-big.f38b32081088b4663919fa5c3bad20fa.img.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015

jhand45

Lurker
Apr 6, 2020
Oh man, I can’t tell from the pictures, but I really hope he didn’t let that pressure-treated fence post come in contact with the tobacco. I would definitely use something else as a spacer if doing it that way. They put some really nasty chemicals into pressure-treated lumber.

While you raise a valid concern, the chap who did that is incredibly sensible. One of the big reasons he grows/cures/ferments his own is to avoid the chemicals that are added so he takes pains not to add anything unecessary to his.

rajangan

Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
We were discussing earlier in this thread that whole leaf tobacco had sent back their barrel. The new barrel has arrived and he is replacing orders that were previously returned. Too bad you can't smell a photo yet.

spicy_boiii

Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
We were discussing earlier in this thread that whole leaf tobacco had sent back their barrel. The new barrel has arrived and he is replacing orders that were previously returned. Too bad you can't smell a photo yet.

Thanks! I'll have to pick some up eventually.

I'm trying all the different periques I've bought, it'll take a while for me to get enough time with each to share my experience.

Reactions: rajangan

rajangan

Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Thanks! I'll have to pick some up eventually.

I'm trying all the different periques I've bought, it'll take a while for me to get enough time with each to share my experience.
I'm sure it will be helpful to hear how they compare. I look forward to it.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
We were discussing earlier in this thread that whole leaf tobacco had sent back their barrel. The new barrel has arrived and he is replacing orders that were previously returned.

They sent me a replacement for my previous purchase. I can confirm the new barrel is very good. It's the best perique I've been able to find that is currently produced and readily available.