PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I think it can happen with anything, really. I usually smoke C&D poplar camp daily. However I do switch my tobacco up every 4 or 5 days no matter what. Sometimes English, or a solid burley. Recently it was Dutch masters whiskey. I figure, this way I’ll never get flavor fatigue from a blend. It’s part of the reason I buy new blends in smaller amounts every order.

Possibly, but I think smokers figure themselves out eventually. I've been loving straight VA's for a long time, and I can't imagine getting 'straight VA fatigue'. I mostly don't care for red VA's, but never liked them. And a few blenders do them well, so that's not really 'fatigue'.

Reactions: ethicsminer

ethicsminer

Might Stick Around
Jul 4, 2018
Ohio
Possibly, but I think smokers figure themselves out eventually. I've been loving straight VA's for a long time, and I can't imagine getting 'straight VA fatigue'. I mostly don't care for red VA's, but never liked them. And a few blenders do them well, so that's not really 'fatigue'.
I think this is me - just figuring out my preferences. Part of that preference I'm noticing that perique just isn't my thing or doesn't seem to sit well in blends I enjoy. I enjoy English blends with more of the Oriental and VAs being in the front so I'll probably lean into these.

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
Indeed. I prefer perique generally, and do switch up in that blend family also. Mostly, it has to do with price. I smoke more than most, I think, so I can’t smoke st James flake or Haddos delight every day lol.

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
I’ll be no damn help. I smoke lots of C&D Bayou Morning which is 25% perique. I just love the stuff. Good luck in your journey.
Im a big fan of that one also, and thats how I found poplar camp. They’re cousins in the “perique bomb” end of the c&d catalogue. The perique content is similar and the dash of unsweetened cavendish rounds it out nicely. You may want to give it a try some time. I find even slight changes help to keep the flavors fresh for me.