PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
At some point I need to move on from Bic lighters. I'm just too lazy to research proper lighters lol.
I don't hear much about them but my Colibri soft flame is actually pretty good. I love my zippo pipe lighter. Either one beats a bic so much. I've never tried any lighters fancier then that and I really can't imagine them being that much of an improvement.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
90:

iu
Guess I’d better start saving.

Reactions: shanez

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I’m curious as to what most of you think is the best pipe lighter out there. I recently brought this online and it lights the bowl very evenly without scorching the rim.
Any of them. If you're lighting the tobacco and not the pipe you're not going to scorch the rim. Sounds like you're placing too much confidence in equipment and less time on technique, it shouldn't take longer that a couple of seconds to light your pipe. I've had this one for thirty years, and the rim barely looks any different from the day I got it

20200426_213446.jpg

Reactions: jvnshr

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England

I’m getting there, this one actually works very well, I’ve not scorched yet. Before I got this I used matches which was fine because I only smoked indoors. But I confess to being a gadget fan.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.