a couple of spoonfuls of soy sauce
a dash of rice vinegar
a couple of spoonfulls of brown sugar
a heaping spoonful of chili garlic paste
a squeeze of fresh lime
several cloves of garlic pulverized
a small chunk of fresh ginger pulverized
a few spoonfulls of warm water to your preferred consistency

Makes a great salad dressing or just a dip for veggies or fried chicken tenders.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Half a cup of peanut butter
a couple of spoonfuls of soy sauce
a dash of rice vinegar
a couple of spoonfulls of brown sugar
a heaping spoonful of chili garlic paste
a squeeze of fresh lime
several cloves of garlic pulverized
a small chunk of fresh ginger pulverized
a few spoonfulls of warm water to your preferred consistency

Makes a great salad dressing or just a dip for veggies or fried chicken tenders.
Good on noodles hot or cold.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
We give the dog peanut butter in one of those Kong toys. You fill it up and they spend a while trying to lick it outta there. It takes a couple spoonfuls, and you gotta kinda squish it in there with a spoon, so consequently we have a “dog” jar of PB and a “Human” jar of PB to avoid eating dog slobber. We don’t exactly communicate which is which to each other, though, so

Peanut Butter and Jelly and Dog Slobber sandwich

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peanut butter is a food group to me. We buy it in jars as big as a bowling ball (well, almost). I'll eat it on a croissant. I have to avoid buying Reese's peanut butter cups in any quantity. I don't advocate for peanut butter; I'm too busy eating it.

I was very upset when they changed the recipe for Butterfingers. It never was supposed to be a peanut flavored thing. It was a Chick O' Stick covered in chocolate. Maybe there was a little peanut butter in it, but that wasn't the main flavor. Now, all you can taste is peanut butter and chocolate. Like 99% of the other candy bars, peanut butter and chocolate. They've all become a Reece's Cup in different textures and forms.

I grew up watching my dad dump Spanish peanuts in his bottle of Pepsi. When the Pepsi was gone he would shake the peanuts out into his mouth and eat them. He grew up in Tennessee, I always thought it was a southern thing.
Yep, but most of us down here, prefer RC Cola with our salty peanuts. Then you grab a Moon Pie to cut the salty taste.
Honestly, I really don't care for Moon Pies, but you find the damned things everywhere down here. Every parade the kids are just chunking those things at you off the backs of trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.