PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I've never been to the shop but I know of them from pipe shows. Paul's takes on Castello shapes and the Sea Rock carving style are great. I'm enjoying the two pounds of their "Stout" broken flake tobacco I bought from them on sale at the NY Pipe Show in March. It's really good stuff. ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's worth paying a little more to keep these great old places open. The lore and aura that surrounds an independently owned pipe shop are invaluable. It is a haul across town to visit mine, but I should do it more often, and buy something.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
It's worth paying a little more to keep these great old places open. The lore and aura that surrounds an independently owned pipe shop are invaluable. It is a haul across town to visit mine, but I should do it more often, and buy something.

Agreed. It’s about 1 1/2 hours for me but it is pretty much the closest B&M.

Reactions: jpberg

Upstate518

Lurker
Jul 25, 2020
I’ve picked up some neat estate accessories from Edleez, nice shop as is Park Lane. The nicest pipes on display “locally” are up at Adirondack Cigar and Pipe (Cup O’ Joes B&M counterpart) located just south of Lake George. Awesome Adirondack style building with a coffee bar and lots of indoor and outdoor seating.

Tom Bombadil

Lurker
Jul 13, 2020
New York
I’ve picked up some neat estate accessories from Edleez, nice shop as is Park Lane. The nicest pipes on display “locally” are up at Adirondack Cigar and Pipe (Cup O’ Joes B&M counterpart) located just south of Lake George. Awesome Adirondack style building with a coffee bar and lots of indoor and outdoor seating.
Adirondack Cigar and Pipe is a nice place too, while I was there I bought a couple of the special edition Morgan Bones “Cherrydog” pipes made for Cup O’ Joes. The service and selection were great unfortunately it’s a two hour drive from where I live ☹️

Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Adirondack Cigar and Pipe is a nice place too, while I was there I bought a couple of the special edition Morgan Bones “Cherrydog” pipes made for Cup O’ Joes. The service and selection were great unfortunately it’s a two hour drive from where I live ☹
So is that different from CoJ in Queensbury? It’s been a long time since I’ve been up that way and is probably over 2hrs for us. Saratoga is a hair under 2.

Reactions: Tom Bombadil

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Is Pipes by George the only one in your area or is there somewhere else? That was the first place I every saw rope and twist in bulk in a jar. Intimidated and more than a bit weird at the time! Also got my first Savinelli from there.

Reactions: jpberg

BuckChickman

Lurker
Jul 23, 2020
Upstate NY
I live 10 minutes from Park Lane and can credit Paul with really getting me into pipes. I had a few false starts with Half and Half and crappy pipes in college. Some years later I was buying my brother a cigar at Park Lane and I mentioned I still had a few pipes kicking around. Paul threw in an ounce of his match Aperitif...that was my first holy grail smoke and my intro to English blends. It was heaven after trying to keep goopy aro's lit for years.

Tom Bombadil

Lurker
Jul 13, 2020
New York
So is that different from CoJ in Queensbury? It’s been a long time since I’ve been up that way and is probably over 2hrs for us. Saratoga is a hair under 2.
It’s the same place, I believe it’s just the b&m for coj I haven’t been since February or March, but hopefully I’ll go up for a weekend in the fall. ? I think I’d like to do the ghost tour at Fort William Henry with the family

Tom Bombadil

Lurker
Jul 13, 2020
New York
Edleez was great! Can’t believe that I hadn’t been there before. Picked up a couple of inexpensive estates and some tobacco.
I really enjoy edleez, that’s usually my go to place. I’m glad you found some goodies while you were there I may make a trip up there this afternoon I need a new pipe reamer I scored a few estates that need some attention in a smoking stand at an auction this past weekend. May get a few more at edleez lol any chance you’d like to share a photo of your haul ?

Tom Bombadil

Lurker
Jul 13, 2020
New York
I live 10 minutes from Park Lane and can credit Paul with really getting me into pipes. I had a few false starts with Half and Half and crappy pipes in college. Some years later I was buying my brother a cigar at Park Lane and I mentioned I still had a few pipes kicking around. Paul threw in an ounce of his match Aperitif...that was my first holy grail smoke and my intro to English blends. It was heaven after trying to keep goopy aro's lit for years.
Are there any other good spots like that nearby that you would recommend ?

BuckChickman

Lurker
Jul 23, 2020
Upstate NY
Are there any other good spots like that nearby that you would recommend ?

Other than Edleez and CupOJoes, none that I know of. I live between Saratoga and Clifton Park and work near SUNY Albany, so I'm blessedly close to both Park Lane and Edleez.

I went to school in Western New York (Fredonia), and bought my first pipe stuff from Edleez West, which was a satellite location for the Albany Edleez. I went back to visit a few years ago and it's now a vape/CBD shop.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Edleez was great! Can’t believe that I hadn’t been there before. Picked up a couple of inexpensive estates and some tobacco.

Glad you enjoyed it, the place has a great vibe too it, not too stuffy, just right. The young guys that work there were also always pleasant.

Is Habana Cigar still near Wolfe Road (near the mall)? That used to be the home of Pipes & Cigars. Before STG bought and moved them to Bethlehem PA. Russ Oulette ran the mail order program from the 2nd floor (and his daughter managed the shop below). They had a great lounge. The Albany Pipe club met there. I used to drop in for quarterly visits (with work). Once they sold, and Russ moved, the place became cigar-centric and a bit run down as well. I just stopped going (despite it being only a mile or so from my hotel on Wolfe Road.

Tom Bombadil

Lurker
Jul 13, 2020
New York
Glad you enjoyed it, the place has a great vibe too it, not too stuffy, just right. The young guys that work there were also always pleasant.

Is Habana Cigar still near Wolfe Road (near the mall)? That used to be the home of Pipes & Cigars. Before STG bought and moved them to Bethlehem PA. Russ Oulette ran the mail order program from the 2nd floor (and his daughter managed the shop below). They had a great lounge. The Albany Pipe club met there. I used to drop in for quarterly visits (with work). Once they sold, and Russ moved, the place became cigar-centric and a bit run down as well. I just stopped going (despite it being only a mile or so from my hotel on Wolfe Road.
It’s still there and just as you remember it,run down and cigar-centric. I wondered if that’s where pipes and cigars used to be interesting piece of knowledge. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.