PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
I was waiting for some natural light. This needs a bit of nomenclature and I'll be delivering it to John after dinner. Thanks all for your supportive comments and following! I'm off for a swim with son Gabriel before dinner.

Kind Regards,

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes
Picture094_zps1f7bed6c.jpg
[/url][/img]
Picture095_zps8fe138dc.jpg
[/url][/img]
Picture103_zps3866679e.jpg
[/url][/img]
Picture099_zpsb0987164.jpg
[/url][/img]
Picture105_zpsbb4b1d25.jpg
[/url][/img]

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Dan - very nice. Your years of experience show in that fine work. I look forward to seeing it at The Wooden Match, or even Morley's (if John is man enough). lol
hp

les

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Nicely done! Giving those files a workout. I'm not a big fan of the squared sides, but the beautiful sculpture makes it work. Bringing the bulldog shape through the inlay (spalted Tamarind?)into the Cumberland, then turning the ring transition to the airway is top notch. The mortise is crisp, lucky guys with metal lathes :mrgreen: Why did you use Delrin instead of running the Cumberland through?
Nice use of dried gum for a base :rofl:
Only kidding :wink:
Craig

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
"John meeds a new sig photo with Dan's pipe! "

Dan, bring a camera and do it righteous for John;)
Dragonslayer thats sculpting clay, works well. The Delrin came after years of repairs 95% are tenon slices, I noticed not only Stanell and many big named pipemakers were using it,and it seemed to be accepted practice, I feel it's a bit of insurance for the customer and yes that is spalted Tamarind.
Thanks all!Les my Skype smileys have a gent bowing (hail Buddah to be) wish we had it here I bow to you my friend, thank you.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Beautiful pipe! Even if it ain't the natural color! :roll: I love that stem ! Gotta look for some of that spalted tamerind,would make a nice tamper.

I love a paneled pipe,especially with nice straight sharp corners and lines like this one.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Thanks again guys. ejames take a look at this site, it's where I get most of my exotic woods scroll down and click on the "exotic wood chart" reasonable prices,great selection and good shipping:
http://www.exoticwood.biz/index.htm
Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
That's a magnificent pipe. I usuallt abhor pipes of that shape with the sort of rustication at the top of the bowl, but you've made the grain meld so perfectly into the angle of the bowl that it just makes it something to behold.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Dan, it has been wonderful watching this pipe evolve from a hunk of biar to the finished piece. I have a much better appreciation of the craft. Awesome pipe! I'm sure Papi will be enjoying it for many years to come.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Dan, that pipe is fantastic. Do you know what type of tobacco John is going to dedicate to that beauty?
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.