PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I love the paneled side and shape/bend. The stem materials also work wonderfully together.

My guess is that the Delrin tenon will last a lot longer than any other part of the pipe. A recent Larry Roush pipe I worked on also used a Delrin tenon.

It looks like the interior of the bowl is also finished - how do you accomplish that?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I smoked 2 half bowls of Three Nuns to break this in. I'll start full bowls tonight. Everything about this pipe is fantastic. It was well worth the wait. Dan really outdid himself. His stem work is really fine art.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Thanks again guys. ejames take a look at this site, it's where I get most of my exotic woods scroll down and click on the "exotic wood chart" reasonable prices,great selection and good shipping:
http://www.exoticwood.biz/index.htm
Dan

Gabrieli Pipes
Thanks Dan!

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
"It looks like the interior of the bowl is also finished - how do you accomplish that?"
ssjones, that is done before the stummel leaves the chuck with graduating higher and higher grit paper on a dowel, my finger, sometimes a sponge while spinning the chuck. I guess I should have used a disclaimer "Don't try this at home" LOL!

Best,

Dan

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Thanks Zak!

ssjones I have 30 yrs of food buis background and remember years ago a deli guy cleaning a slicer at the end of the night and reaching over it from the back without the guard on....and running it at the same time to dry it, he messed up one night and the ambulance drove up a one way street to pick him up, i was amazed they got there in two minutes, yes indeed respect your tools!

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Beautiful pipe! Very cool to see the build progress through the photos. Thank you for sharing. Congrats papipeguy.

Status
Not open for further replies.