PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The largest corporate bailout in US history rushed through both chambers of the federal legislature without a single lawmaker voting against it.View attachment 24140

The magnitude and full implications of what is being done financially is breathtaking and impossible to even begin to understand, define or explain to any great degree at the moment. It would appear that what happened in '08 is dwarfed by what is being done right now.

And it could never have been accomplished outside of the context of a manufactured massive crisis providing the justification.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
The magnitude and full implications of what is being done financially is breathtaking and impossible to even begin to understand, define or explain to any great degree at the moment. It would appear that what happened in '08 is dwarfed by what is being done right now.

And it could never have been accomplished outside of the context of a manufactured massive crisis providing the justification.
My buddy said to me today, "Doc, what do you get when you cross an extremely contagious SARS virus with a society that is now half a century into open borders, hyper-diversity, low trust & cultural rot and whose critical institutions have all been taken over by incompetent corporate puppets & oppression studies majors?"

My response: This pile of sh1t.

Last edited:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
My buddy said to me today, "Doc, what do you get when you cross an extremely contagious SARS virus with a society that is now half a century into open borders, hyper-diversity, low trust & cultural rot and whose critical institutions have all been taken over by incompetent corporate puppets & oppression studies majors?"

My response: This pile of sh1t.

Well, you can be a constitutional republic or a global corporate empire...but you can't be both at the same time.

Weaving down the American highway
Through the litter and the wreckage and the cultural junk
Bloated with entitlement, loaded on propaganda
And now we're driving dazed and drunk

Been down the road to Damascus,
The road to Mandalay
Met the ghost of Caesar on the Appian Way
He said, "It's hard to stop this binging, once you get a taste."
"But the road to empire is a bloody stupid waste."

Behold the bitten apple - the power of the tools
But all the knowledge in the world is of no use to fools
And it's a long road out of Eden....

--Eagles

Last edited:

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Like my friend said, "The enemy has an ideology. You can see it right now with the capitalists & conservatives who would rather sacrifice American lives, so that the stock market might live. Ideology informs our priorities and how we react to a crisis. Ideology is extremely important".

EDIT: Deleted Pic, racist - Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 1, 2014
Like my friend said, "The enemy has an ideology. You can see it right now with the capitalists & conservatives who would rather sacrifice American lives, so that the stock market might live. Ideology informs our priorities and how we react to a crisis. Ideology is extremely important".

America over the last half century (or full century) is nothing more than a herd of cattle pushed between a field of lions and a river of crocodiles.
One side has grass, the other side has water, the predators know exactly how far to push the balance of the slaughter versus the desires of the masses.

But as long as you know your stance and thoroughly discuss the benefits of one side over the other you've done your best to help society, right?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
America over the last half century (or full century) is nothing more than a herd of cattle pushed between a field of lions and a river of crocodiles.
One side has grass, the other side has water, the predators know exactly how far to push the balance of the slaughter versus the desires of the masses.

But as long as you know your stance and thoroughly discuss the benefits of one side over the other you've done your best to help society, right?

I know nothing about Megan Amram...never even heard of her before...but I love her quote this article opens with (crude though it may be).

All The Craziest Things About America Are Being Highlighted By This Virus

“Corona is a black light and America is a cum-stained hotel room,” comedian Megan Amram colorfully tweeted a couple of weeks ago. Her observation has only grown more accurate since.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
PS: Just want to add regarding the above article/opinion piece...I disagree with some of it and agree with some of it...I don't read or even necessarily post only things I completely agree with. But I do appreciate interesting commentary that expresses some independent thought outside of the highly controlled and manipulated MSM dialectic narrative on everything.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
PS: Just want to add regarding the above article/opinion piece...I disagree with some of it and agree with some of it...I don't read or even necessarily post only things I completely agree with. But I do appreciate interesting commentary that expresses some independent thought outside of the highly controlled and manipulated MSM dialectic narrative on everything.
Is this not the hide our heads in the memes thread;)

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Ditto. Personally, upon reading that article, I think she's got a leftist bent—ugh. I don't really wanna comment, as I don't wanna derail the thread, but trust me, in spite of how expensive your health care is you DON'T want our system: it's killed more people in Canada than coronavirus (as of to-day's current epidemic's tally).

That's the irony of memes (and comedy in general). They are more efficient at getting messages across than serious commentary is...and in so doing, tend to generate serious commentary.
Yep. Memes are like the political cartoons of old in the papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.