Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
WOW!
My Mariod Grandis were delivered this AM. Really amazing. I ordered them Monday night and here they are from Italy to TX by Wednesday AM.
I figured at Least 7 -10 days.
Nice surprise.
Oh boy are these sweet little pipes. That poker is so much nicer in person. And the little brandy is a very cool chubby little guy. He'll be a VA pipe I think and the Poker will help the Cowtown Poker carry the English Blend load.
I'm impressed by the workmanship. Delrin tenons. Perfectly drilled and open. Very very nice sand blasting, especially on the poker. Doesn't feel factory. Feels handmade, although I'm sure there are some machined short cuts. But hey. Awesome pipes.
If I got this poker and was told it was a higher end artisan pipe I'd definitely believe it. I bet this isn't my last purchase from my Italian friends.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Now I did it... the last thing I need to do right now was spend money on a new pipe... oh hell... here is my new Boswell... (The band is the polished bass from a 12 GA Remington / Peters shotgun shell)

Rustic_Freehand_Shotshell_3.jpg
Rustic_Freehand_Shotshell_1.jpg

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Hee hee it got ya huh JC?
I bet you had no idea a few days ago and then started looking and next thing you know you had a pipe.
Way it works for me anyway.
Nice pipe.
Anxious to see your's Igloo.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Good for you Igloo... I look forward to see them. This by the way is the first new pipe I've bought in over 20 years. I've bought pipes during that period, but they have all been estate buys.
Yeah JD they got me... Boswell normally posts new pipes on their site once a week or so and I've been watching them for several weeks. I normally procrastinate long enough for someone else to buy the ones I like. They usually sell out in just a few hours.

This pipe looks better in person than it does in the picture and I’ve got to tell you the very first bowl smoked sweet!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
After rereading the the post on JC pipe a 12 gauge shell brass .That pipe must be huge .Looks like someone is going to need to stock up . Next stop TAD land .

bart

Lurker
May 9, 2010
Well, I ordered this one today : New Pipe

Can't wait to try it out. I do not have any experience with pipes made of olive wood. Anyone of you guys do ?

Kind regards.

bart
[Fixed Link - Bob]

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Bart... sorry but I have no experience with olive wood, but I do like the pipe. I really like the contrast between the two woods and the graining in the olive. Enjoy and please let us know how it smokes for you.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Here's a Pipe from Medat Kera, Master Carver extrodinare...
bs9ilmgcwkkgrhqyh-dievklwzheybl5numy9_31-600x449.jpg

[Fixed Photo - Bob]

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Thanks Bob & thanks for the photo fix. I'm still

a tech primitive in a high tech world.

Status
Not open for further replies.