PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

uprightman

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2019
Central Pennsylvania
It has been a big year for me. I’ve added roughly 3-4 pipes, and probably 1.5-2 lbs of tobacco to my cellar! At the rate I smoke I have plenty to last me a good long while, but I’ll continue to sample and add things as they catch my eye.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
0 pipes, 0 tobacco-not smoking. But it strikes me how much I spent on pipes, pipe tobacco and racks; and cigars, humidors, useless hygrometers, Boveda, cutters, etc., etc. I spent crazy money during the first 11 years I smoked. Then I quit and six months later, smoking cigarettes, decided to resume, and bought everything back. Crazy money. Addiction.

SDJ1967

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
Central Florida, USA
I try to live simply, so my place is very small. I have an Ikea cabinet with a door on it to store my pipes and cigars along with the tobacco and accessories. I've just started this year, but I'm trying to keep my pipes to a minimum (stop laughing!). I currently own three: a Savinelli Roma 673 KS, a Peterson tankard, and an inexpensive billiard I use for testing.

As for tobaccos, I've only got few ounces right now. Again, just getting starting and trying to find what I like.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
After really thinking about it I bought more pipes this year than in any for a long time.
I bought 9 commissioned pipes from Jack Howell
1 Brandon Brooks Dublin
1 Scottie Piersel Billiard

Before that I probably only bought 5 pipes in total in the last 5 years. It was a good year for pipes. I was really excited to buy all of the artisan pipes that I did and all less than 400.00 a pop. The Brooks was an exceptional value at 145,00 for a 400.00 retail pipe. It smokes as good as all my other artisan pipes.
It also forced me to finally get off my ass and move over 40 pipes that needed moving. I am psyched to see what I buy with that found money.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
I try to live simply, so my place is very small. I have an Ikea cabinet with a door on it to store my pipes and cigars along with the tobacco and accessories. I've just started this year, but I'm trying to keep my pipes to a minimum (stop laughing!). I currently own three: a Savinelli Roma 673 KS, a Peterson tankard, and an inexpensive billiard I use for testing.

As for tobaccos, I've only got few ounces right now. Again, just getting starting and trying to find what I like.
WARNING!! These forums + your first sentence + your last sentence can very much = a serious TAD. ;)

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I couldn't tell you how much I have spent. I keep track of what I have in my cellar but not what it cost me. I have enough for my lifetime as well as all my neighbors lifetimes.

Now I spend a lot of money for a little bit of tobacco chasing elusive stuff that I have come to admire.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
You guys in the States are so fortunate. Up here in Canada every tobacco order comes from the States and in small quantities. I count what I have in ounces, not pounds.
Every order is an adventure hoping it stays below the radar.
No idea what I’ve spent but I’ve been on the hobby about 1 year now. I’ve got 80 diff blends in jars of tobacco and a bin or two of tins. I went from 7 pipes in March to 70-80 now. A lot though are cheap that I bought to practice restoring.
I’ve done 4 or 5 hobby pipes and bought quite a bit of equipment. I went from cigars for 20 years to this. (41yrs old) . I love smoking pipes and making them for sure.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

DedHed Piper

Might Stick Around
Dec 28, 2019
Sweden
About 3kg (yup, I'm European) of tobacco and I think 3 pipes.
Luckily I've not been bitten by the pipe collecting radioactive spider. I have my 15 pipes and I've heard they will survive a very long time if kept clean and in order.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
I went back to check my order emails from this year, and wow, this was an interesting exercise. I bought almost 6 lbs of tobacco this year, 3 lbs of which were in an Estervals order. I would have guessed half that amount. Really sneaks up on you. And 5 pipes. I most recently bought a few tins of cabbies mixture when I got a smokingipes alert. Going forward I think that will be the only way I buy tobacco -- when I get an alert and can buy a few tins of a hard to obtain blend.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
0 pipes, 0 tobacco-not smoking. But it strikes me how much I spent on pipes, pipe tobacco and racks; and cigars, humidors, useless hygrometers, Boveda, cutters, etc., etc. I spent crazy money during the first 11 years I smoked. Then I quit and six months later, smoking cigarettes, decided to resume, and bought everything back. Crazy money. Addiction.
When you quit this final time did you you break even, lose money or make money off the tobacco and pipes you sold off?