PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I think you're spot on..I mean really is there any other way to smoke that's not clenched?

Or a churchwarden, if you dig that elven sort of thing! ?
I don't clench: no amount of smoke comes into my mouth when I do so. And I also love my Hussar pipes (a.k.a. churchwardens: yea, the hussars popularised them a century before someone reported that in a hole in the ground lived a shorty fella).

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Thanks guys

Yeah I don't do clenching or hanging (hand-held all the time) and I was just outside the office with a flat fishtail and noticed how little of the stem is actually in my mouth which got me thinking about the online 'window shopping' I've been doing for my Peterson purchase

I guess a p-lip might be something a small change in technique will let me get used to if the pipe itself was something to fall in love with. Otherwise I think some of their range might just have fallen off my radar
I rarely clench myself. I've never noticed an issue with the p-lip on my Peterson. It's right at the very end near the tip.
To be honest I've noticed no change in how I smoke from a normal bit to a p-lip. [Your question will now have me paying more attention next time I light it up]
Personally I like them.

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
I recently got a Peterson system pipe with a p-lip, and I naturally hold it a bit differently in my mouth. The rubber pipe bit sits behind the bevel on the stem where the p-lip hole opens, meaning there is more "stem" sticking out behind where the rubber bit sits against my teeth. This seems to be enough for it to work well, because I've been very impressed with it.

Reactions: BROBS

brunot

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2017
Slovakia
I don't like it. I just move the bit around to direct the smoke where I want it, just like I'd with a normal stem.

I only have p-lips on my two system pipes and I can live with it for the duration.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Road & Track and other car magazines have been lamenting the demise of the manual for many years. True to form, VW is keeping the manual in the 2021 GTI.(article below sites 70% of the buyers in 2014 opted for the manual)

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS and Magpiety