PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what is going on ... but I suspect they have a bug in their PayPal interface.

I placed an order only once. I got 2 pending PayPal charges. One of them stayed in “Pending” state for a very long time (6 - 7 weeks) before it finally disappeared.

I must mention that my only order from P&C did not have any issues. The PayPal thing resolved by itself

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I don’t know what is going on ... but I suspect they have a bug in their PayPal interface.

I placed an order only once. I got 2 pending PayPal charges. One of them stayed in “Pending” state for a very long time (6 - 7 weeks) before it finally disappeared.

I must mention that my only order from P&C did not have any issues. The PayPal thing resolved by itself
Same exact thing happened to me, with the only exception that the two pending charges hung around just shy of a week before the extra charge just went away. I've been hearing about this sort of thing happening a lot lately, specifically within the last couple of months or so. Must be a bug.

Reactions: BROBS and cshubhra

pinchoftobacco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2018
Yeah I’ve had a similar experience with transactions showing as pending, never figured out why.

Reactions: BROBS

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Same exact thing happened to me, with the only exception that the two pending charges hung around just shy of a week before the extra charge just went away. I've been hearing about this sort of thing happening a lot lately, specifically within the last couple of months or so. Must be a bug.
Forgot to mention this, but in the interest of full disclosure...the paypal account was a business account, not personal. Doubtful that this would have any bearing on how long the phantom charge stuck around, but who knows?

I have the same thing going on with a tool company. I am just wondering if after three months, if it is still pending, will the money be released back to me, because what is going on is that the vender is not finalizing the transaction. According to Paypal, after three months the pending transactions should be released back to your acct. They don't have control of the acct, actually it's the opposite if they don't finish the transaction.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
They have total control of your account.. they can and will charge you later if they see fit.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 3rdguy and kcghost

Dio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2020
It happened before. The transaction will go through I believe.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
How about cigarbid putting a hold on $300 in my acct.... then one item was back order so they put another hold for $285 (the total minus the back order)... then another hold for $15 a day later when the shipped the out of stock item.

so a $300 charge turned into a $600 three day hold on my acct.
I appreciated that a lot.

Reactions: oldgeezersmoker

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA

It's been a few years since I did anything with the PayPal API, but it (API) was somewhat convoluted...

Reactions: cshubhra and BROBS

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
How about cigarbid putting a hold on $300 in my acct.... then one item was back order so they put another hold for $285 (the total minus the back order)... then another hold for $15 a day later when the shipped the out of stock item.

so a $300 charge turned into a $600 three day hold on my acct.
I appreciated that a lot.
Quit buying cigars!!!

• Haha

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I will need your Paypal info to figure this all out..
/recording: “Dear Customer, A $509 charge has been detected in your PayPal account. If this is not correct or fraud please press one to speak to an operator”

/beep (1)

/man with mid eastern accent: “Hello dear I am Gary, please provide me with your name and social security number.....”

Reactions: 3rdguy
Status
Not open for further replies.