PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
I would say Buffalo Trace barrel...Ordered 6 Tins.

Bengal Slices Single Barrel. It all starts with a time-honored blend of sweet, bright Virginias, fragrant Orientals, and a moderate amount of smoky Cyprian Latakia. The next step was to put it into a recently decanted Bourbon barrel, but not just any barrel – one that contained the best-known brand of single-barrel Bourbon on the market. It took a month-long nap in the barrel to take on the fragrance, taste, and character of the outstanding spirit and then moved to a press to turn it into a crumble cake. Bengal Slices fans are sure to enjoy this entry, and anyone who likes English blends with a hint of whiskey (you know who you are) will definitely want to try this enticing blend.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I would say Buffalo Trace barrel...Ordered 6 Tins.

Bengal Slices Single Barrel. It all starts with a time-honored blend of sweet, bright Virginias, fragrant Orientals, and a moderate amount of smoky Cyprian Latakia. The next step was to put it into a recently decanted Bourbon barrel, but not just any barrel – one that contained the best-known brand of single-barrel Bourbon on the market. It took a month-long nap in the barrel to take on the fragrance, taste, and character of the outstanding spirit and then moved to a press to turn it into a crumble cake. Bengal Slices fans are sure to enjoy this entry, and anyone who likes English blends with a hint of whiskey (you know who you are) will definitely want to try this enticing blend.
Bengal Slices Single Barrel sounds like it’s right in my wheel house. The notes on it refer to a bourbon that has a race horse stopper so they must be talking about Blantons.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I'm a bit of skeptic when it comes to stuff like this. Liquids can move about and circulate within a barrel, so the effects of the barrel will affect the whole content. Unless the tobaccos are stirred occasionally wouldn't just the first few inches of the tobacco that comes in contact with the whiskey barrel benefit from this? How much effect would this process have on the inside content? I'm not saying it's bogus, I'm just curious as to how this would work.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
The whole barrel-aged fad is one that never interested me. It tended to ruin beer and other foodstuffs with the addition of vanillin and bourbon aromatizers, leaving behind an aroma that never really resembles the alcohol or the barrel. Just a personal preference, of course.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
The whole barrel-aged fad is one that never interested me. It tended to ruin beer and other foodstuffs with the addition of vanillin and bourbon aromatizers, leaving behind an aroma that never really resembles the alcohol or the barrel. Just a personal preference, of course.
Same here. Barrel-aged beers, for example, make every beer taste like a damned boilermaker.

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Bengal Slices-Sliced Bengal. A new limited run blend of fine tobacco’s aged in a Bengals stomach, “harvested”, then sun dried and sliced. A rich, robust, EARTHY flavor ?
(It’ll be the Kopi Luwak of the connesseuir tobacco scene. $800 /oz)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Reactions: 3rdguy
Status
Not open for further replies.