PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
Yup, got this email a whole 13 minutes after getting my confirmation email from smokingpipes for the Savinelli I ordered. Exact same price on the P&C website, if I'd waited till the sale started I could have gotten it $14 cheaper. Ain't that some shit??!! :mrgreen:

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I just subscribed to the email instead of hearing about sales through word of mouth. Don't know why I didn't a long time ago.

Jul 15, 2011
In all fairness, I could have saved $14 on the pipe I wanted, but with the promo smokingpipes had going on, I got a $13 tin of Savinelli tobacco free with the order, so I guess it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Plus I also got a half pound of tobacco that I can't get on P&C, so it all works out well. To get the free shipping I threw in a tin of their Low Country Waccamaw, also something I can't get at P&C. On the other hand, I could have sampled a couple of those "The Smoker" blends that I have been curious about and saved some money. Damnit, this is making me want to place another order!!

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Since this is their "Customer Appreciation Week", it makes me wonder what is in store for Thursday and Friday. 20% off everything seems like the best deal; gonna be hard to top this. Hmmm, do I hold a little back, or let it all roll?

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Thanks for the heads up, gentlemen. I could not pass this deal up and made my first purchase in over 2 months. Bought a pound of ODF for $41 INCLUDING shipping, as i ran out a few weeks ago and it is the only thing i have really been missing/craving since halting my PAD/TAD. That is a ridiculous deal at 2.57 per ounce. I could survive with a permanent supply of stonehaven/irish flake/odf and never smoke another blend again. Those are my 3 that remain in constant heavy rotation in my line up. The ODF drought in my stash was a pain, but alas, it will now be raining ODF.
Thanks again boys, and hope all of you scored who were able to!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I'm with you layinpipe. I haven't made a purchase in a while but when I saw the email this morning I just HAD to get something. Picked up two pipes that I have been looking at and I appreciate the sale. The thing that kills me is that they don't seem to have the stock others do in terms of tobacco.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
gonna be hard to top this. Hmmm, do I hold a little back, or let it all roll?
I guess that's the lure of the "web-deal" correct? What's behind door number's 4 & 5? I pulled the trigger on a $200 tobacco order last night. I went over my monthly allotment that I've set aside, but I'm still holding on to some money to take advantage of tomorrow and Friday if it's worth it.
I'm no web-developer, but I see no issue with the P&C website that others have. It's logical and laid out fine for me.
I know it's impossible to please everyone, but I really think P&C is the most consistent with deals, and sales. They've got a large selection of tobacco(at least for me they do) and they're competitive with their pricing. Sure there are some things they sell, that they're the most expensive. However, you can say that for the other large e-tailers too regarding some blends.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Picked up five 8oz tins of GLP Odyssey and five 8oz tins of GLP Key Largo, but it appears four of the Key Largo tins will be back-ordered and will come later. But at $22.51 per tin, I am not complaining.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I got the "buy two get one free" deal on Sutlif Private Stock tobaccos and a resupply of Balkan Supreme. Twenty percent off all that isn't bad. I'm going broke saving money :crying:

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Well, I got my tins today and they are a mess. Twenty loose tins (10 Irish and 10 University Flakes) with a popped air bag and another partially full.
Does anyone have an email for Russ?

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Here is their contact page: http://www.pipesandcigars.com/help/contact-us/
Not sure Russ is the guy that deals with customer service issues, but maybe he does.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
[/quote]Well, I got my tins today and they are a mess
Although no excuse, I can just imagine the number of orders they must have received in the last 24 hours.
I really didn't 'need' anything, but stocked up on some of my favorites, and ordered some New York Pipe Club tobacco while I was at it.
Yes, if you buy 99 plus, free shipping-but you have to increase the order by 20 percent to get to 99.00.
Worked for me.
Nice summer time treat for all of us.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
P&C customer service was nice enough to give me the 20% discount on the order I placed yesterday. Good company. I only order from them and 4Noggins.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
English....I have also noticed that the packaging from them is very sloppy. The tins are thrown all over the place and the air bags are not even wrapped around my tins. With only one layer of tape barely holding the box closed. Very Sloppy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.