Other Cigar Brands That Also Produce Quality Pipe Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida

vosBghos, did you do your due diligence when it comes to taxes and being able to ship to a particular state. Examples being in Florida we have and 85% wholesale tax on pipe tobacco so don't waste your time trying to sell to vendors here. If you want the cigar business you won't believe what else they make you stock up on. At least there are no cigar taxes in Florida, freaking legislatures bent pipe smokers over.​

Washington state does no allow tobacco to be shipped into the state. I believe there are a couple of other states like that.

I had a buddy who took on a Davidoff account. If memory serves he had to dish out 259.000 in cigars, cigar and pipe accessories, pipe tobacco and other things that I forget. He is not allowed to discount most of the line although he would sell me any Davidoff cigar for 10% over cost and I could not breath a word of it.

There is a site which shows every states taxes and excise taxes ad whether you can ship to the state. You are going to have to do some pretty extensive research on this subject. Not a lot of people are buying 800.00 cigar clippers but the retailer has to buy them. After a year or so my buddy said it was worth it so for some it works. My buddies store is in the richest town in the state and has a high end clientele so he was lucky. I cannot name the store or state,

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Reactions: jguss