Other Cigar Brands That Also Produce Quality Pipe Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I have a meeting tomorrow with a Cigar shop owner Who‘s looking to expand into pipes and tobacco.
I have noticed that at a few of the fancier cigar joints they only carry Ashton and Davidoff Pipe Tobacco.
I’m Wondering if this might be just out of convenience as they can easily just throw in some tins with a cigar order and not have to open separate accounts with Pipe Tobacco Distributors?
Would make sense to me and of course Ashton and Davidoff make quality stuff.
Are there any other‘s ya‘ll might know of ?
Id like to start setting up shop with stuff he can easily get his hands on and then work on getting some staple assorted tins and bulks through a proper pipe tobacco distributor.
thanks in advance …

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
General Cigar (owners and distributors of Macanudo, Cohiba, CAO, Hoyo de Monterrey, etc.) also serves as a distribution arm for ST-Lane (Lane, Peter Stokkebye, Peterson tobacco, etc.).
Good to know, so as we look through the catalog we might be able to get some staples this way , great info , thanks a ton 😎😎😎

Reactions: virginiapiper

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My point is that nothing is made by “Orlik”. That company has ceased to exist. There are still Orlik-branded blends, just as there are Dockers, Jeeps and Skippy peanut butter, but those cigar blends are made by STG.
🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20221109-085857_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think I'll head to Kempczinski's for a Big Mac, while smoking some Sutliff Blackhouse in a Laudasi Sherlock Holms pipe.🤭

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Thanks for all the info gents my meeting is in a couple hours. I understand that “produced” was the wrong word “branded” would be more accurate. I hope we can get some good brands to start the pipe corner. Incidentally I have a tin of Davidoff Flake Medallions and PipeStud said on the radio show that their Royalty blend is loaded with good Orientals so I’m excited to try a tin of that. Any more recommendations would be greatly appreciate.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
But there are brands that use cigar tobacco in their blends.
I've always been curious as to why almost all blends branded by cigar companies are aromatics. Why not put their name on a cigar blend? Maybe something with some of their own leaf?
Meanwhile, so many great tobacco companies are making great cigar blends.
As I said in another post but more to your point. I have a tin of Davidoff Flake Medallions that is supposedly highly sought after and PipeStud said the their Royalty mixture has some really good Orientals and I’ve also heard good things about Ashton’s Artisan blend. So hopefully we can get some good Englishes and Virginias to start the pipe corner.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nat Sherman comes to mind. The pipe and cigar shop in Manhattan closed, but the brand is still carried by cigars and two or three blends of pipe tobacco, though who actually makes these products and under what licenses or contracts, I do not know.

Reactions: NomadOrb

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I'll second that on Arango. They have the best prices unless you go direct.