PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
According to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADtnszrGGko&feature=channel_video_title Orlik has decided not to distribute to the U.S. Anybody know what's going on?

greggors

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2010
Mississauga ON Canada
Hmm even if no more will be shipped into the U.S. Would be nice if it was made in the U.S., it would probably get around any distribution issues. Just my guess though. :puffpipe:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@sirsmokesalot
Let's please stay on topic, and keep private business private.
The rest of you guys should stop wasting time speculating over completely false information in that video.
There is a news story here, and it is big. It wasn't supposed to be announced until April 1, but it seems like it's going to be forced to come out sooner, before more completely 100% incorrect information gets posted.
I have to finish up this month's Ask G.L. Pease column, and then I am on this, hoping to provide you the real story tomorrow.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Glad I just ordered a few tins of OGS, even if there is just a hiccup in supply, I would hate to run out.

Jul 15, 2011
If Kevin says that there is nothing to worry about, I trust him. Im sure that Kevin has more access to a lot more inside information than we do, so I see no need to panic.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's going to be a real interesting story, but what was posted in the video is 100% completely wrong.
I'm trying to have it for tomorrow, but it's not easy. There are a lot of pieces that have to come together from different sources.
Like I said, I promised to sit on the news until April 1, but now, because of this thread, we have agreement to go forward. Expediting it more than a month ahead of schedule takes having myself and a few others drop everything we're doing to try to put it all together in a coherent, complete, concise article.
Suffice it to say, there are no expected major shortages of Orlik Golden Sliced in the foreseeable future.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I've got my PipesMagazine.com Preferred Membership Secret Society decoder pin oiled-up and ready to go. So let her rip, Kev!

...Uh, quickly, before Mrs. Cortez has to use the bathroom again.

Jul 15, 2011
Kevin, in regards to everything that is being thrown around, does this bit of information pertain to all the tobaccos that the Orlik company distributes to the US, or is it just the Golden Sliced?

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I've got my PipesMagazine.com Preferred Membership Secret Society decoder pin oiled-up and ready to go.
LMAO - when its decoded please post so I can read it.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@Pipe Novelist

Kevin, in regards to everything that is being thrown around, does this bit of information pertain to all the tobaccos that the Orlik company distributes to the US, or is it just the Golden Sliced?
I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you! :nana:
Ok, I'll answer that ... NO.
LMAO @ Cortez :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.