Order from KBV Held Up by USPS for Two Weeks?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some stuff from KBV on May 3rd and it still hasn't arrived. Looked into it and it shows my package has been held up for 2 weeks at a USPS Distribution Center. I spoke to Ken and he said they are tracking several delinquent shipments but offered no explanation (may not have had one).
Anyone else having issues?

May 19, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

May 16, 2021, 6:17 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

May 4, 2021, 8:22 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

May 4, 2021, 7:07 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
COLLIERVILLE, TN 38017

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
I was having a lot of that at the end of last year (administration). Something got badly busted in Memphis Distribution Center. You'll get it when you get it. It will show up, eventually. It's in the hands of professionals. DeJoy may turn out to be a good thing for the post office, and it may be cool this Summer.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
I ordered some stuff from KBV on May 3rd and it still hasn't arrived. Looked into it and it shows my package has been held up for 2 weeks at a USPS Distribution Center. I spoke to Ken and he said they are tracking several delinquent shipments but offered no explanation (may not have had one).

May 19, 2021
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

COLLIERVILLE, TN 38017

May 19, 2021

COLLIERVILLE, TN 38017
You answers your own question with Memphis? It’s consistently been the WORST sort facility/hub since at least 1998 (when I started working for USPS). Their on time delivery rate hovers around 50%! They also lead the nation in lost/stolen package complaints per Postal Inspectors data.
Back when I was still with USPS, the worst were Memphis, Newark, And I believe Youngstown.
Then 9/11 occurred, and New York became number 1 (for obvious reasons). But after about two years, NYC dropped off the list.
Bedford Park, IL used to be notoriously bad, but they’ve been consistently good for the last five or six years.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Louis DeJoy is still the Postmaster General, and these hold-ups of packages is one of his new rules which are designed to kill off the USPS for good.
There hasn’t been a good PMG since the early 80’s. The worst had to be Potter.... he was responsible for scrapping the local sort machines. They ran about 1/4 million each, and in stead of paying the 6 million to modernize the programming and do away with hand sorting mail forwarding, deceased etc, he just sold the equipment for scrap. His replacement brokered the deal to be the “final mile” carrier for FedEx and UPS, which is basically providing the competition with free labor on those companies low margin packages.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I agree that Memphis is doing a very poor job getting packages out. Everyone of mine have been delayed by them. I just got a package today that was sent a week ago, and Memphis was the hold up in the mix. We just have to be patient being up against a bunch of club brained boneheads who have to follow the bread crumbs to get to work.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You answers your own question with Memphis? It’s consistently been the WORST sort facility/hub since at least 1998 (when I started working for USPS). Their on time delivery rate hovers around 50%! They also lead the nation in lost/stolen package complaints per Postal Inspectors data.
Back when I was still with USPS, the worst were Memphis, Newark, And I believe Youngstown.
Then 9/11 occurred, and New York became number 1 (for obvious reasons). But after about two years, NYC dropped off the list.
Bedford Park, IL used to be notoriously bad, but they’ve been consistently good for the last five or six years.
At least give them credit for doing a great job of doing a lousy job.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
My last KBV order was delayed and I currently have an order in the mail that is also delayed. The last one went on an unexpected excursion to Bismarck, ND, which is not generally seen as on the way between Memphis and Tucson. This last order took 3 days to get out of the local post office and another 4 days to leave Memphis.

It seems like any order going through that part of the country is being delayed. I’ve had shipments delayed through Nashville as well.

Hard to see how making the product terrible will save the USPS, but then again I question whether or not the current Postmaster General is truly interested in saving it.
I sure hope it can be saved. There is no other shipping service worldwide that is able to move as many goods to as many places as the USPS. And up until the last year or so, they have generally been timely and reliable (at least as reliable as the private sector competition).

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
My last KBV order was delayed and I currently have an order in the mail that is also delayed. The last one went on an unexpected excursion to Bismarck, ND, which is not generally seen as on the way between Memphis and Tucson. This last order took 3 days to get out of the local post office and another 4 days to leave Memphis.

It seems like any order going through that part of the country is being delayed. I’ve had shipments delayed through Nashville as well.

Hard to see how making the product terrible will save the USPS, but then again I question whether or not the current Postmaster General is truly interested in saving it.
I sure hope it can be saved. There is no other shipping service worldwide that is able to move as many goods to as many places as the USPS. And up until the last year or so, they have generally been timely and reliable (at least as reliable as the private sector competition).
There are many factors that fuck them over. The retirement fund setup and much more is just ludicrous.

I know it sounds weird but I am relieved that this seems to be affecting others too. puffy I am sure it will show up eventually.

Come to think of it, the order prior to this one also fell off the map for about a week. This one is going on 3 weeks though so I started to get concerned/annoyed. Not with KBV, but the USPS.

It sounded like Ken was very annoyed too.

Being in business myself, it seems logical myself that KBV might consider trying to steer their customers away from the "free" shipping by offering a UPS option for the difference between his cost of USPS, and the actual cost of UPS and maybe a word of caution that if you choose UPS, it could take a while. On a bigger order (40 bucks or more) I would not complain about having to pay an extra 10 bucks for reliable delivery.

Of course I do not have all the facts and I am sure Ken et.al. are on top of this.

It's still annoying though. I have delayed leaving to go up to my other house until this arrives.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I know it sounds weird but I am relieved that this seems to be affecting others too. puffy I am sure it will show up eventually.

Come to think of it, the order prior to this one also fell off the map for about a week. This one is going on 3 weeks though so I started to get concerned/annoyed. Not with KBV, but the USPS.

It sounded like Ken was very annoyed too.

Being in business myself, it seems logical myself that KBV might consider trying to steer their customers away from the "free" shipping by offering a UPS option for the difference between his cost of USPS, and the actual cost of UPS and maybe a word of caution that if you choose UPS, it could take a while. On a bigger order (40 bucks or more) I would not complain about having to pay an extra 10 bucks for reliable delivery.

Of course I do not have all the facts and I am sure Ken et.al. are on top of this.

It's still annoying though. I have delayed leaving to go up to my other house until this arrives.
Who is Ken?

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Didn't know the PO was hosed. I had thought increased problems were due to redtape on tobacco. The PO seems like one of the services that should do a good job most of the time-like an entitlement.
PO been hosed for a long time. Ineptitude reigns supreme. I used to spend an extra 1/2 in the morning folding the money mailers in with my deliveries, which would take about 45mins-hour off my delivery time. My supervisor told me not to, as I was spending “too much time” in the office. I tried explaining to him that I was saving him 45mjns-hour of OT per day, he was having none of it. Resulted in me getting to first delivery 15 mins faster, but my last delivery hour LATER fumbling with that extra bundle, and not having that convenient divider between deliveries so each house I’d have to flip through every piece of mail, instead of just grabbing the bundle of mail, checking top piece for address and delivering.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've read several times about the PO being destroyed. Is the private sector behind this, to get the business?

When I moved last August I made it my business to give DMV my updated address early. I did this because when I did my one-back move, I didn't let them know, and they don't forward mail. So my registration lapsed, and when I got pulled over, the cop discovered the lapse and that cost $300.00. What can you say? The state.

So at any rate I was alarmed when I got a piece of mail from them that there was a yellow PO change of address sticker on the envelope with a message that made no sense. So I waited in line for an hour to talk to somebody, who didn't know the answer and who said she would forward it to those who did.

Never heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.