Order from KBV Held Up by USPS for Two Weeks?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
24 Fresh Brigham Pipes
24 Fresh Barling Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes
12 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtcBastid

Lurker
May 19, 2021
Louis DeJoy is still the Postmaster General, and these hold-ups of packages is one of his new rules which are designed to kill off the USPS for good.
Correct...He was appointed to fail the USPS all the while raking in the money in another company. I have only had problems shipping items since this happened. One of my parcels of tobacco to be traded with somebody took 5 weeks...

Another client of mine had packages that went from one distribution center back and forth 2 times. The USPS is an institution I will support. But it's just so damn sad.

Have faith your packages will arrive with USPS but there might be problems. You know when they cut hours and overtime all around things slow down.

Reactions: BROBS

DangerStranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Correct...He was appointed to fail the USPS all the while raking in the money in another company. I have only had problems shipping items since this happened. One of my parcels of tobacco to be traded with somebody took 5 weeks...

Another client of mine had packages that went from one distribution center back and forth 2 times. The USPS is an institution I will support. But it's just so damn sad.

Have faith your packages will arrive with USPS but there might be problems. You know when they cut hours and overtime all around things slow down.
The USPS is plagued with problems. Many of which existed before Mr. DeJoy's leadership, but have been exacerbated since his appointment. Contract negotiations are terrible and fail to acknowledge that the American citizenry is the largest customer. Customer service borders on non existent. A complete lack of accountability for employees is absurd.

The USPS is the perfect example of bloated bureaucratic organizations. The US taxpayer supports the USPS to the tune of $18 billion per year. Meanwhile the USPS gives discounted shipping to foreign merchants (through one sided deals with foreign postal services) who compete directly with US small business. One can literally ship a package from Wuhan to Chicago for significantly less than one can ship the same package Evanston to Oak Lawn. USPS leadership is incompetent at best, and nefarious at worst.

dochowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Torrance, CA
For what it's worth, I just received an order from KBV from May 1. Stuck in that Twilight Zone USPS warehouse I suppose. Funny, I received another order that was sent a week later. That one only took a few days to get here.

Hey @sandollars, did your KBV order ever come? I'm still waiting on mine, and the tracking hasn't even been update (except to say: running late) in 8 days.
I THINK it might be in the truck for delivery today but I am not counting any chickens until I see and hear them..... IF it shows up today, that's 3 weeks.

Stay tuned.... puffy

Reactions: BROBS and musicman

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Louis DeJoy is still the Postmaster General, and these hold-ups of packages is one of his new rules which are designed to kill off the USPS for good.
Yeah...no.
I'm convinced that the delays were a union work action, intended to do things that can't be discussed here. Some of the problems were real (huge increase in mail volume, workers out due to testing positive, etc), but inside players tell me another story as well.

Reactions: Aomalley27

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
My KBV order arrived today. Shipped on May 9th, so it took 18 days from Memphis area to Tucson. Funny enough, a pipe also arrived today. Shipped Monday from MS and supposed to arrive tomorrow, but it came a day early. You win some, you lose some, I suppose.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.