PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Ok how many of you own an oom paul and do you like it or is it just a knick knack on a shelf?

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
I own an Erlich oom Paul and use it

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I bought an estate and found out latter it had a small crack. I put a little wood glue in it and restained it. Not the prettiest thing but it is a dang good smoker. Dang long smoker too. Storient I would love to see a pic of your meer oom paul.

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
I have a Wally Frank white bar oom paul, good smoker and I use it often.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
my fav shape is an Oom Paul sitter. Right now the closest thing I have to it is the Peterson System 305, which is very much like an Oom Paul, being a very bent calabash, it's featured in my avatar picture.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That's pretty cool Storient. This is totally random but what are the cases made out of for your meerschaum pipes?

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
3 Oom Pauls here.
A Castello Sea Rock, a Savinelli Antique Shell, and a Cragmoor estate that I just refurbed this past weekend.
I love the shape. Feels very natural to me and I dig that classical look of the deep bend. I plan to add a few more in the futue.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I own a Norton Oom Paul I acquired as an estate. It is a great smoker and my go to pipe when I have a long drive. The shape is perfect for me since I am a clincher.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
I have a Jost's Oom Paul that I bought around '82. It is a great smoker. I especially like it for folding & stuffing flake bacci :puffy:

burghbriar

Lurker
Jan 8, 2012
My Oom Paul is in my avatar. It's a great smoker and a good clencher, they're an excellent shape when you need to smoke and have your hands free.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
here is a link storient. oh and I was curious about the case because I am wanting to restore one of mine if that is even possible.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Awesome guys...totally surprised me. I didn't expect so many of you to have one and that you use them. That's great.
@Storient...very nice. Would be terrific if it had a coloured stem and was a sitter. That would be a pipe to drool over.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Storient thanks for the offer but I kind of want to try and do it myself. I'm kind of weird that way. It gives me something to do lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.